• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I am hoping one of you happen to know what to do. We just got a cat recently and our apartments require the cat to be licensed and neutered. The cat is neutered but to get it licensed you need the microchip number, the date and clinic where it was neutered and the kind of cat. The previous owner is failing to give us this information that we have to have. It was supposedly a friend but now there screwing us over. My kids are super upset right now because I almost guarantee we have to get rid of it if we dont figure something out. I dont really know what to do at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
svolkov
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Take it to.the vet. If its chipped they xan scan and get u the infom if not its like $30
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM
The vet can scan the chip for you.
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

sure.  take the cat in for a checkup with your vet, who will be able to determine if the cat has actually been altered or not.  if it has, I'm sure your vet can write something attesting to the fact that the surgery has been confirmed.

be prepared for a "not" answer.  we adopted a dog from the humane society once that hadn't been fixed after all.  and was years older than we were told.

oh, and if your cat really has been chipped anyone with a reader will be able to tell you the number.  humane society, most vets and pet stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)