• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid b•••• thought she was going to get 13 years of back child support!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
We were contacted by a woman claiming that she had DH'S child 13 years ago. Dh took a paternity test and the boy is his. We have been married for 8 years, he didn't claim he was a virgin when we got together and she even admitted that she never told him (lucky for us she admitted it in a letter).She told us that she wanted 13 years of child support. We told her we would start paying child support then based on us already having 3 kids (because we had our 3 kids before she told us about the boy) but that wasnt good enough for her. She took us to court asking for $1450 a month in child support (which is what she would get had she filed for child support before we had our 3 kids) and over $250,000 in back child support and even asked the judge to force us to sell our house so that she could have all the money all at once! She also demanded that we provided a college fund for her son like we have for our kids. We went to court on Friday and the judge was not to impressed at all. He told her that since she didn't tell dh about her son until now, she was not entitled to back chold support and was only entitled to child support based on her son being his 4th child. So she is getting just $447 a month. The judge also told her that college funds are optional and thats at our descretion, which we will but i just dont want it to be ordered since it shouldnt be obligated. They live an hour away and the judge orded that dh gets visitation any weekend he wants up to 3 per month. In addition, we get him as much of the summer as both dh and his son want. He talked to his son and they agreed to one weekend a month at first. We are hoping over time to do 3 a month and have him invite friends to come to. He is coming this upcoming weekend and he is getting one of our guest rooms and we are going to take him shopping to decorate it. I am perfectly ready to accept this boy into my family but i am so glad that his mom got next to nothing in court.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM

BUMP!

curvygurl1912
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool story

MommeeTo4
by &1more on May. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Ok sure
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
What a bitch! If your DH knew about the child , that's one thing. But to not tell a child's father the kid existed and expect him to pay six figures for the years YOU lied to him about? Uh. No. I hope she was SUPER disappointed!!
QuietNarrative
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Wow... she seems delusional.   Hope the next 7 years go easier with her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quoting QuietNarrative:

Wow... she seems delusional.   Hope the next 7 years go easier with her!

Well we have a court order so it shouldn't be to bad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM

bump

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Interesting I don't think that $447 a month next to nothing.  That is an extra $5,000 a year than she had before.  It may not be how much she wanted but it is still not nothing either.  I mean it works out to be slightly over $100 a wk. 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Wow! That is crazy. I agree with you, in this situation, BM doesn't deserve back support. I hope your dh is able to develop a wonderful relationship with his son. And that you get to know him as well. I hope the transition goes well as he becomes a part of your family.
hnischke
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Good! She sounds ridiculous!

I hope things go smoothly with the newest member of the family. :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)