Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Get in here. look at the last few pages. You cant sleep in the same bed because hes a boy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 549 Replies
22 moms liked this
That's what my mother says about me occasionally letting my 10 year old son sleep in my bed. She says if he was a girl it would be fine, but because he's a boy it's wrong. Wtf? A kid is a kid. It shouldn't matter the sex. If a child sleeps with mommy once in a while I see absolutely nothing wrong with it! What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
10 moms liked this
Butt out mom!
booaura
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM
8 moms liked this
Tell her to shove it. My 4 year old still sleeps with us some nights, as does our 2 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on May. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't see a problem with it but many people from older generations did things way differently. Just do what works for your family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM
32 moms liked this
At ten he should be in his own bed.
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on May. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I say it's fine. Your mommy the cuddle buddy.. I'm the same way with my DS but he is only 2 :-) I love him sleeping with me bc hubby is always gone for work. It will be the end of this week he will be home. 3 weeks
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
7 moms liked this
Thanks! I rolled my eyes at her. She's nuts!

Quoting booaura: Tell her to shove it. My 4 year old still sleeps with us some nights, as does our 2 year old.
lyngerdam
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
10 moms liked this

My youngest would sneak in the bed when he was 14. Took a lot of space, but not a problem for my DH and me.Tell whoever cares to chill out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
17 moms liked this

I have an 8yo boy who still sleeps with me, and I have talked to both my counselor and his doctor about it and they both say that it is all  right and when he is ready he will transition to his bed.  As long as you are comfortable with it then forget what everyone else says!

booaura
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Some people are just crazy.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks! I rolled my eyes at her. She's nuts!

Quoting booaura: Tell her to shove it. My 4 year old still sleeps with us some nights, as does our 2 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babymomma
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
7 moms liked this
Sounds like something my mil would say. She keeps saying my nephew is gonna have to start sleeping in another room when my kids have sleepovers with their cousins. When they are together its 3 girls(5,5,7) and 1 boy(7). I think its perfectly fine for him to sleep in the room with them. The girls have the bunk beds and he sleeps on the floor
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)