Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thank you everyone. (What happened last night)

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM
  • 97 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thank you everyone who kept Raymond in their thoughts and prayers tonight.

In my work, I see seizures on a regular basis. So much so that they don't even seem like a big deal. I've never seen one in my own child though. :(

I can't even express how awful it is to see your own child in that state if you have never experienced it before. It was so scary and so sad.

Raymond was having a snack after dinner. My oldest son was in the kitchen with him. I was in the living room. All of a sudden my son brought Raymond to me and said, "Ummm, mom." I saw that my son was looking at him funny and holding him funny, but I didn't understand what was going on. I thought he was bringing him to me because he was a sticky mess and needed to be cleaned up.

When he handed him to me, I knew immediately that something was wrong. I remember saying, "he's having a seizure". I just held him and watched him. I remember my husband squeaking out in a pinched voice, "What do we do?"

Being used to seizures, I figured it would pass fast. It felt neverending. His gasps for air started to be fewer and fewer. All of a sudden, I started to worry that he was actually choking and that is what triggered the seizure. I started the Heimlich. Nothing was coming out and he was still seizing. I laid him down on the floor because I felt his state changing even more. At this point, he completely stopped breathing. He was not only unaware due to the seizure, his body was showing signs that he was blacking out. I told my son to call 911. I was preparing in my head that I was going to have to give my baby CPR. I decided to do a blind sweep as a last resort. When I did this, he gagged and started breathing again. The seizure stopped. This is when the paramedics arrived. At this point, his body was completely limp and his eyes dazed. He wasn't really responsive for about 15 minutes.

Anyway, that was our scary evening. He's going to be okay though.

Referring to this post http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19906813/Update_Please_send_your_thoughts_and_prayers_for_my_baby?next=1
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on May. 5, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Huge hugs...

How scary. thank goodness that precious baby is going to be ok...
SnoBuny
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
What caused the seizure? SO glad he's okay!
angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Scary!! Glad all is going to be ok for him.
tecsabates
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
So glad he is ok :)
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on May. 5, 2014 at 2:21 AM
OMG! How scary. Just got on. Haven't seen post but will continue to keep him in our prayers!! Hope everything goes ok from here on out
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:22 AM
((((((Hugs))))))

Glad he's Ok!
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on May. 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Wow!
TrouserMouse
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM
I guess he had a fever that we had no idea he had. I had noticed his skin felt hot, but we had been outside in the sun. He didn't show any signs at all of being ill. It took us totally off guard.

Quoting SnoBuny: What caused the seizure? SO glad he's okay!
nolongermstkn
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM
So glad he's OK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnoBuny
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Poor baby! I'm glad he's doing better. My yds has seizures, myoclonic seizures which can get pretty scary as a parent. My ods can a febrile seizure once too only I didn't witness it his brother did. That was also scary!

Quoting TrouserMouse: I guess he had a fever that we had no idea he had. I had noticed his skin felt hot, but we had been outside in the sun. He didn't show any signs at all of being ill. It took us totally off guard.

Quoting SnoBuny: What caused the seizure? SO glad he's okay!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)