Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Maybe money can burn a whole in your pocket!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Dh and I are trying real hard to get back on track. We got off track last month when our health insurance company sent us an $1100 bill because they said apparently we forgot to make our yearly double payment at the beginning of the year. The threatened to cancel our insurance if we didn't pay. We also got hit with an unexpected car repair expense. I got a nail in my tire. I took it to sear automotive to get it repaired. Last time I was in 8 months ago I bought a road hazard protection plan. Should have covered the cost. Apparently not! My plan got voided when I didn't come in for my 6 month tire rotation and aligment. To fix the tire I had to have a new tire put on, tires rotated and an aligment done. Cost over $300 to fix.

Doesn't sound like a lot of money. When your on a budget and you have all your money already figured out for bills it's a big deal.

Dh and I are saving every penny and working to rebuild our savings. Were working real hard to get a house next summer so paying bills on time and having money for a down payment and all that other stuff is important. Every unexpected hit is a big deal.

This weekend my parents hosted a family yard sale. Dh and I made $154 off the yard sale. My mom asked what I had planned with the money and I said, "putting it in savings." She said, "not going to spend it ha?" I told her no. She took her money $232 and went straight to walmart. She said she was taking my niece home but came back with walmart bags. Spent $70 of her $232. No wonder my parents are struggling to pay their bills.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM
That's her business just like you savings yours is your business
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM

you pay for all that just for one nail in a tire?

wow , dh just goes and buys a new tire ( sometimes its even a used tire) , goes to the neighborhood guy that has a tire shop ( he mounts the tire on the rim), dh put tire on truck, total spent  $80 for tire ,$14 to have it mounted on truck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
It is my business when she comea to me and say's she needs to borrow money for her health insurance or her electric bill. I am the one footing the bill to keep them from loosing their house. I cut the grass, I up keep the pool and my dh makes all repairs to their house. All for free!

Quoting Anonymous: That's her business just like you savings yours is your business
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

You better fix the typo in your title before the spelling nazis show up.  

She still has $160 to save, which is as much as you are saving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
All you choose to do. Still what she does with her Money is her business.

Quoting Anonymous: It is my business when she comea to me and say's she needs to borrow money for her health insurance or her electric bill. I am the one footing the bill to keep them from loosing their house. I cut the grass, I up keep the pool and my dh makes all repairs to their house. All for free!

Quoting Anonymous: That's her business just like you savings yours is your business
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Right. We just replaced a tire. Used tires to have it put on the tire was $40.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow , dh just goes and buys a new tire ( sometimes its even a used tire) , goes to the neighborhood guy that has a tire shop ( he mounts the tire on the rim), dh put tire on truck, total spent  $80 for tire ,$14 to have it mounted on truck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I wish I could say she did. She told me they went for ice cream after we left and she gave my dad money to pay off the amazon order he had put on his credit xard a week ago. After all was said and done she had $23 left.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

You better fix the typo in your title before the spelling nazis show up.  

She still has $160 to save, which is as much as you are saving.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Stop doing it then.

Quoting Anonymous: It is my business when she comea to me and say's she needs to borrow money for her health insurance or her electric bill. I am the one footing the bill to keep them from loosing their house. I cut the grass, I up keep the pool and my dh makes all repairs to their house. All for free!

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Its her money, and not your business. Just like what you do with yours, isn't her business.
Also fwiw, sears is the worst place to get tires. They're notorious for ripping people off like they did you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Dh found this neighborhood guy that has his own little shop In our town , he's so cheap to mount the tires, lol sometimes dh just goes right to him and buys a used tire. I think his prices are so good because thats how he makes his money and everyone around here go to him.

op you need to find a way to cut the shortcuts, if you want to save money.

Quoting Anonymous: Right. We just replaced a tire. Used tires to have it put on the tire was $40.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)