Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are calling me over $5?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
FIL brought DS to a fishing rodeo yesterday. I gave DS $7 for snacks and told him to buy FIL a coffee. DS gave FIL the money, but they only spent $2.

After the event I brought dinner for DH's whole family over to my inlaws house. I do this every Sunday because MIL is terminally ill. It isn't cheap but they really enjoy keeping up the Sunday dinner tradition.

As we were leaving DS asked FIL for my change. FIL have it to him. But 10 minutes later he called us to say that he had given DS the $5 twice.

Are you fucking kidding me?! I spent more than that on cheese alone for the meal last night. Driving back to their house to give them the $5 will cost me more than that in gas.

It was such a shitty petty move. I'm still irate this morning.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cymkare
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Did he insist that you drive back to the house to give it to him? Right then? 

Or was he just letting you know that he gave it twice? Maybe so you would know your son had more than $5 on him.

And $5 might be a lot to them with a terminal illness and if they are on a fixed budget. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I would have just said that I'd bring him the money next Sunday. That was pretty darn petty on his part though.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM

scold-01
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Well, maybe he was just trying to tell you that DS asked for it twice, and recieved it twice......Did he specifically ask for the $5 back? And since you go over there every sunday, maybe your response could have been, I will talk with DS about this, and if this is so, I will return your $5 next sunday, when we come out.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
If money is tight i would want my $5 back too. And you choose to buy the food for the dinner.
scold-01
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

you getting this upset over him calling, and over $5 dollars is what I find, petty........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Sounds like he needed the money :/
latsyrk
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Did he ask for it back? Maybe he was just asking if that's where his other 5 went lol
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is your son?  Is it possible he's more concerned with keeping the boy honest than with the amount?  I mean, if I found out an older child essentially got extra money off of me, I would want his parents to know so they can address the behavior.  Even if the behavior was innocent, the boy needs to be taught to keep better track as well and that keeping extra money is wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
He said "well find out and get it back to me". It was apparently urgent enough to call my cell before we were half way home.

Quoting cymkare:

Did he insist that you drive back to the house to give it to him? Right then? 

Or was he just letting you know that he gave it twice? Maybe so you would know your son had more than $5 on him.

And $5 might be a lot to them with a terminal illness and if they are on a fixed budget. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)