Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes my ring is "fake" **EDIT**

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM
  • 111 Replies
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

But the "green" you see underneath is not a reaction. It is a tattoo. I got it on our 10 year anniversary. DH has one as well.

Am I ashamed to have a fake ring? Nope. I'm allergic to my original set. This is what DH and I picked out for me to wear. It's sterling silver with white sapphires. Do I want diamonds? Not really. My original was white gold and diamonds. We are saving it for the first kid to get married that wants it.

DH has a fake ring as well. His is something called a "safety ring". It's a rubber material. DH is a diesel mechanic and it's not safe to wear a metal ring. The safety ring bends and twists. That way if his finger is ever smashed or gets caught he doesn't risk having his finger cut off.

Never realized how materialistic some of y'all are. It's shameful really. Judging someone because they have a fake ring. Especially when you don't know the circumstances behind it..

EDIT***

The website to the rubber rings like DH has is

Saferingz.com

I'm mobile and can't make it clicky..
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
I need a new set & I am not materialistic. Where did you get it? I think it's lovely
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
I have a cz set that I love. Don't matter to me if it's fake.
meliec3
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
I think we found it on amazon. They have tons of different rings. I have sausage fingers so my choices were kinda limited..

Quoting Anonymous: I need a new set & I am not materialistic. Where did you get it? I think it's lovely
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I wouldn't wear a ring over that tattoo because it DOES look like your finger is turning green.

But not my finger...
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on May. 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Mines fake too but I love it! Yours is pretty
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Sterling silver is a real metal. White sapphire is a real genuine stone. So your ring isn't fake. It's very pretty. Too many people do diamonds anyway. I like more unique selections for engagement rings and wedding bands.
meliec3
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I've only started wearing the ring in the past year. I've had the tattoo for longer than that. DH wanted me to wear a ring. So I do..

Quoting Anonymous: Personally, I wouldn't wear a ring over that tattoo because it DOES look like your finger is turning green.

But not my finger...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Me too! I wear an 11- 12. Hard to find pretty rings in my size. :(

Quoting meliec3: I think we found it on amazon. They have tons of different rings. I have sausage fingers so my choices were kinda limited..

Quoting Anonymous: I need a new set & I am not materialistic. Where did you get it? I think it's lovely
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I have a CZ set. I love it. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Hon, if I are happy, I am happy. Lol I don't wear my rings. Some people find that shameful. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)