Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dog owners

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My little girl is 9 weeks old, how in the world do you make them go outside! She's good about going poop outside but for the love of god im sick of mopping 100x a day because she pee's everywhere!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Replies (21-26):
April620
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Take her outside on a leash every 15 min for the first few months
kim15690
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Thirty min. Crate training
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Take them outside all the time.  Everytime she potty's outside give her a treat and say "Good potty" or something like that.  She is only 9 weeks old, very very young

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Take them out regularly.Yes that means throughout the night as well. At 1 00 I would take my dogs out, and wait.   When they sniff it often means they need to go. Keep them in the room as you. And clean up messess straight away to get rid of smell, so they dont go their again.

cbear2
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM
This!
I had a saint bernard pup that i had to bring out every 15minutes all day long and every hour.thru.the.night. we crate trained him, but due to nasty.conditions before me he didnt mind laying in his waste. As he.got better we spaced the time n eventually he.was great.but it wS a LONG road.
Good luck!

Quoting wyattsmomie: Crate training is a must. Keep puppy with you at all times when not crated. After he eats, take him out. After a play session, take him out. After he wakes up, take him out. For a while, you will have to take him out very very often until you learn his tells. Do not come back in until he uses the bathroom. By bringing him in before he does, he may not know why he is out there in the first place. When he does potty outside, give him a treat, and lots of praise. Pretty much throw him his own little mini party, lol. It takes patience and time but he will get the hang of it.
suetoo
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Cute and kissable for sure. Put yourself on an hourly potty time schedule and use a key term as you put him down in his toileting spot. Like, potty here. Be calm, loving and never react to accidents. Be patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)