Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dog owners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My little girl is 9 weeks old, how in the world do you make them go outside! She's good about going poop outside but for the love of god im sick of mopping 100x a day because she pee's everywhere!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa...
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Cute! When we trained our dog, we had to take him outside constantly. About every half hour. Then we gave him treats when he went.
Momsold
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Every hour on the hour and wait until she goes. 

Then praise her like the holy hell.

elwalters77
by The Singing Teacher on May. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Yup! You must be diligent and patient. She will figure it out. She's adorable BTW!

Quoting Momsold:

Every hour on the hour and wait until she goes. 

Then praise her like the holy hell.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Bulls-Eye pee pads for indoors

2babymomma
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I used a puppy pad by the door then once he got the hang of that he would scratch the door first And I started letting him out. It only took a few weeks for him to fully house train
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

When they are that little, you take them out every hour. Do NOT let her out of your sight while you are in the house. 

wyattsmomie
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Crate training is a must. Keep puppy with you at all times when not crated. After he eats, take him out. After a play session, take him out. After he wakes up, take him out. For a while, you will have to take him out very very often until you learn his tells. Do not come back in until he uses the bathroom. By bringing him in before he does, he may not know why he is out there in the first place. When he does potty outside, give him a treat, and lots of praise. Pretty much throw him his own little mini party, lol. It takes patience and time but he will get the hang of it.
tcfla
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

With a face that cute...I'd let her pee anywhere..lol just kidding.  you try to bell train her, I know that works for lots of people.  But take her out alot.   good luck.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

idk we just trained our dog..she went outside every 30 mins when she was a puppy..she is now 8 years old so we never have that issue..

off topic but that turtles couch is AWESOME! my son would love that lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM

my beagle is just over a year.  I have a gate up that we have to go through to go to the kitchen/back door.  He would have a lot of accidents at the door before i did that.  But I would take him out within an hour of seeing him drink. I know, it's a lot, but still.  Now he runs to the gate runs to me and back and i know that means he has to go out.  If i didn't have the gate up, i probably wouldn't 'see' him and he'd end up going near the door. Using a pee pad never worked for him. he'd go next to it :(.  but you could try taking her out constantly.  When i would take him out, as he started to pee (or poop) i would always say good job, go potty.  i don't know if that helps.  good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN