Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are not a single mom! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 311 Replies
52 moms liked this
I hate when I hear a SAHM compare her husband being out of town for a week to being a single mom. Bitch come back and talk to me when you have to work a full time job or two, manage a household, pay all the bills and take care of your kid(s). You're not a single mom. Not even close. Stop with the Facebook posts. Stop with the "woe is me" phone calls. Just stop!

End rant!

EDIT: I doubt this will do any good but since so many people have a lack of reading comprehension I'll try anyway

This is NOT about military families or families who one spouse travels often. This is about one person who's husband travels for a week once or twice a year.

This is not a Facebook friend. It is a family member who I can not just delete. It isn't even really about the Facebook posts, it's about the 4-6 phone calls a day, starting the day he left.

Calling her a bitch was because she's being a bitch. Calling her DH an ass hole and her DS a terror. Then when I mention another relative, a real single mom, who is struggling worse she says that's her fault for choosing a crappy dad.

No I'm not bitter and frankly I doubt many of you understand what that word means. I'm not hurt or resentful, I don't feel I've been wronged. I'm sick of her bitching to me. I'm not even a single mom. I have been a military wife in the past, I have been single and now I'm a married SAHM who's husband travels a few times a year for short periods so I understand each point of view and never would I call someone six times a day complaining how hard it is being a single mom of one school aged kid because my husband is gone for a week.

As for supporting her, I have and I did for six days but I'm sick of the constant complaining.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree a 100%
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I agree!
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
My dh is home four days a month, and while I call myself sort of a single mom, I know I'm not, and I make that distinction. I'm still a stay at home mom.
I can see why that is annoying, so I try not to say it.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this
Agree. A husband not being there doesn't make you a single mom. He's obviously working to pay the bills for you.
I pay my own, work, take care of my kid without help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Not all single moms work because they have to. Some get substantial child support and/or alimony payments.

I honestly dint see much of a difference between a husband who isn't home and a single mother. The biggest difference is emotional support from your spouse. Sometimes divorced parents have similar support though.

graciemae3215
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM
DH has been gone since January, working out of town.

While I jokingly call myself a "single mom with a really good paycheck" I don't actually think it's the same. (I also only say this to DH.... not on fb, lol).
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

I was with you until the name-calling started.

People are going to feel how they feel.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I can honestly say I've never seen or heard that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
But he's been gone 6 days, not even close to the same.

Quoting Anonymous: Not all single moms work because they have to. Some get substantial child support and/or alimony payments.

I honestly dint see much of a difference between a husband who isn't home and a single mother. The biggest difference is emotional support from your spouse. Sometimes divorced parents have similar support though.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM
28 moms liked this
Why is it always " bitch"

Can women not have an opinion without calling another a bitch? Good grief
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN