Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so mad! should I say something to her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 254 Replies
1 mom liked this
I Need others opinions on if I should say something or not. So my 7 year old DD and her two friends that are 8 and 5 were at the park about 1 1/2 -2 blocks away from our house. We live on base and She takes a walkie talkie with her so I have contact with her so I feel comfortable letting her go to the park with her friends...plus there's always so many kids outside. So yesterday she's at the park and I'm in my living room with my 2 year old who was napping and my front door opens. I called out my DD thinking it was her but instead it was her 5 year old friend running in screaming "M fell off the playyground and broke her back!" I was like "wtf?". As i get to the door I hear my DD screaming from the street behind us. I go running and when I get to her her nose is bloody, she's screaming she can't breath and that she broke her shoulder and her little 8 year old friend is screaming and crying. Finally get her calm down and find out What happened. Apparently they were playing on the swing and the 8 year old was pushing my DD. Well i guess he pushed it to high, the chain snapped, made DD fall backwards off the swing, hit her shoulder and head on the geound and knock her friend over who then hit his head on the sidewalk. Now here is the part that pisses me off....they tell me there were 3 adults at the playground, one being DD's girl Scout leader....and instead of helping them home or calling me(she has my number and knows where i live) my DD tells me she told them to go home and get the blood cleaned off before it got on the playground. Even after my DD told her she couldn't brearh and felt dizzy she Didn't offer Any help!!! She made them walk almost 2 blocks bleeding and crying. I'm so pissed! Seriously if I see kids get hurt I always offer help and ask them where they live so I can go get their parents....especially if I know the kid! I want to say something so bad to her tonight at the girl Scout Meeting but DH thinks I should let it go. BTW i know someone is going to ask. She couldn't call me on the walkie talkie because when she fell the walkie talkie goes out of her pocket and busted.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on May. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this

thats why I dont let my kids go to the park without me in case something like that happens. Sorry she got hurt and hoping for a quick recovery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck with this post ☺
VintageWife
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I'd be mad and ask her about it.
Chibee
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM
18 moms liked this

If she's in girl scouts then I assume she goes on trips with this leader?   I would address it with her as saying "If you didn't at least pick up your phone and call me to tell me there was a problem, it makes very worried of how you'd handle a situation on a trip" or something to that affect...   She's not responsible for your kid at the playground, but she kind of has a moral obligation to make a phone call at the very least I would think...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
18 moms liked this
I'm more concerned by your behavior. Who sends a 7 year old to the park with an 8 and 5 year old? You can't expect the people at the park to be more concerned about your kid than you are . Home napping indeed. Smh
Chibee
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I agree with this too.   Call me a helicopter mom, but so be it.   I'd be there with her.

Quoting SitaStJames:

thats why I dont let my kids go to the park without me in case something like that happens. Sorry she got hurt and hoping for a quick recovery.

waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on May. 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Oh yeah I would not let it go!! That is ridiculous and unexplained on her end.!! But is your DD ok? And her friend?
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM
4 moms liked this

While morally the girl scout leader should have done something, she wasn't obligated to do so, since the kids were not in her care at the time.

Honestly, that is why my kids don't go play at the playgrounds without myself or dh there.

I hope that she feels better soon...and same goes for the other kids.

seksen
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Good lord! I would help a complete stranger out. Hope for a quick recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Think about that. She probably has a lot on her plate if this mom is an indication of the parenting skills of her troop are. She's at the park with her kid while the entitled one is home napping.

Quoting Chibee:

If she's in girl scouts then I assume she goes on trips with this leader?   I would address it with her as saying "If you didn't at least pick up your phone and call me to tell me there was a problem, it makes very worried of how you'd handle a situation on a trip" or something to that affect...   She's not responsible for your kid at the playground, but she kind of has a moral obligation to make a phone call at the very least I would think...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN