Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Logical Argument Against Abortion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 417 Replies
55 moms liked this

Abortion is wrong. I will counter argue a few of the arguments from pro choice people I see on here to show why using logic that abortion should be a crime. I am not religious. I am pro life. 

1) Life does not begin at conception. A fetus is not a baby until it can survive outside the womb. A baby cannot survive on it's own outside the womb without absolute care from someone else. If left to it's own devices it will die. Yet, if a mother smothers her newborn it is murder. Yet she can stop her baby's heart as long as it is inside her own body and face no criminal charges.

2) It is her body. She has a right to choose whether she wants her body to go through the changes of pregnancy. Yes. It IS her body. She has the choice to refrain from sexual activity. If she chooses to have sex then she knows that a consequence of that act is pregnancy. She made that choice. If someone chooses to get behind the wheel after a night of drinking they are aware that a consequence of that is getting in a wreck or going to jail. If you don't want to face the consequence, then don't commit the act. It's simple, really.

3) What if she can't provide for the baby? Is it fair for a child to live in poverty and resentment? What if after the baby is born she loses a job or circumstances change and she can no longer afford the baby. What if 3 years down the road her husband leaves and she can't afford it? Should she end her child's life to avoid financial hardship? No. That is murder. So is abortion. Nothing in life is secure. If she really cannot provide the best life for her child she can give the baby up for adoption. If she knows ahead of time that she cannot support a baby than she should make the responsible decision to refrain from any activity that would result in a child.

4) What about rape and/or insest?  Rape and insest are horrible. However, it is not the child's fault that it's mother was a victim. Less than 3% of all abortion cases are due to rape and/or incest. This is a strawman argument.

5) You can't charge abortion as a crime, because you never know if the fetus would have survived through birth. Therefore it cannot be tried as murder. You never know if a newborn will survive to childhood. You never know if a child will survive to adulthood. Ending either of their lives is criminal and tried as murder. Not knowing the future does not excuse ending an innocent life. 

These are just some of the many illogical arguments from the pro choice side of things. Some will say "why do you care"? Do you not feel anger when someone is wrongfully murdered? Do you not shake with rage when hearing about child abuse? I do. I also shake with rage at abortion. It IS murder. It should be a crime. I am a liberal. I am not religious. And yet I see clearly the flawed logic of the pro choice side. The truth is that abortion is a completely selfish act. The women who get them should be tried with murder. There is no getting around it. Abortion IS murder.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tallin
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
15 moms liked this

I am totally pro-choice and in fact abortion is LEGAL in my state because my GRANDMOTHER went to a state legislator and told him about the abortion she had in THE 1920's and he changed his vote to LEGALIZE because of her story!

I am tne mother of two PLANNED children. I still get my period but am way too old to have a child because I don't believe in 70 year olds going to their children's HS graduations so I would defintely have an abortion if I got pregnant now.

j3st3r
by Jedi on May. 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM
46 moms liked this
Murder is the ILLEGAL killing of another HUMAN. Abortion is legal. Therefor it cannot be murder.

There's your logic, babe.
nopenope666
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol
You're crazy. That's cute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
21 moms liked this

1. Yes, the fetus is living, and it is up to the woman to decide whether or not that life continues to live inside her body. A BORN child can be cared for by ANYONE, it is not solely dependent on the womb of a woman.

2. So since I choose to drive I consent to ANY accident that may occur? What if a drunk hits ME? You are saying that;s what I get for choosing to drive anyway? Sorry dear, we all have choices, and we choose to deal with an UNWANTED outcome of our choices in the way we see fit. I'd choose to fix my car, and I'd choose what was best for my body should my contraception ever fail me. ;)

3. It's really not for you to decide what is and isn't fair, unless it is your potential offspring you're referring to.

4. Rape isn't the woman's fault EITHER. If she would choose abortion that is her right to do so.

5. It wasn't considered murder even prior to 1973 when illegal. Murder is a legal term in which aborton doesn;t fit its definition. Look it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
11 moms liked this

6) If abortion is illegal many women will die trying to give themselves abortions or going to shady underground practitioners. If a woman dies trying to give herself an abortion that is entirely her fault. If she would rather risk injury than carrying a pregnancy to term than she obviously isn't too bright. It's called natural selection.  People die doing reckless things all the time. We shouldn't give women a free pass to murder just because some might end up killing themselves if it is criminalized.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM
23 moms liked this

In Iran it is legal to stone to death any woman convicted of adultery. Just because something is legal does not make it right. Murder is murder regardless of the laws behind it.

Quoting j3st3r: Murder is the ILLEGAL killing of another HUMAN. Abortion is legal. Therefor it cannot be murder. There's your logic, babe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
People never want to see the logic in someone else's argument.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM
22 moms liked this

You can write all the mumbo jumbo you want. The fact remains abortion is legal and women are free to choose. The end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Blah blah blah. Same shit different hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM
11 moms liked this
I dislike abortion, the thought makes me sad. But I understand the importance to keep it legal so that the government cannot control our bodies. I have no right to tell another what to do/not to do with their bodies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)