Abortion is wrong. I will counter argue a few of the arguments from pro choice people I see on here to show why using logic that abortion should be a crime. I am not religious. I am pro life.
1) Life does not begin at conception. A fetus is not a baby until it can survive outside the womb. A baby cannot survive on it's own outside the womb without absolute care from someone else. If left to it's own devices it will die. Yet, if a mother smothers her newborn it is murder. Yet she can stop her baby's heart as long as it is inside her own body and face no criminal charges.
2) It is her body. She has a right to choose whether she wants her body to go through the changes of pregnancy. Yes. It IS her body. She has the choice to refrain from sexual activity. If she chooses to have sex then she knows that a consequence of that act is pregnancy. She made that choice. If someone chooses to get behind the wheel after a night of drinking they are aware that a consequence of that is getting in a wreck or going to jail. If you don't want to face the consequence, then don't commit the act. It's simple, really.
3) What if she can't provide for the baby? Is it fair for a child to live in poverty and resentment? What if after the baby is born she loses a job or circumstances change and she can no longer afford the baby. What if 3 years down the road her husband leaves and she can't afford it? Should she end her child's life to avoid financial hardship? No. That is murder. So is abortion. Nothing in life is secure. If she really cannot provide the best life for her child she can give the baby up for adoption. If she knows ahead of time that she cannot support a baby than she should make the responsible decision to refrain from any activity that would result in a child.
4) What about rape and/or insest? Rape and insest are horrible. However, it is not the child's fault that it's mother was a victim. Less than 3% of all abortion cases are due to rape and/or incest. This is a strawman argument.
5) You can't charge abortion as a crime, because you never know if the fetus would have survived through birth. Therefore it cannot be tried as murder. You never know if a newborn will survive to childhood. You never know if a child will survive to adulthood. Ending either of their lives is criminal and tried as murder. Not knowing the future does not excuse ending an innocent life.
These are just some of the many illogical arguments from the pro choice side of things. Some will say "why do you care"? Do you not feel anger when someone is wrongfully murdered? Do you not shake with rage when hearing about child abuse? I do. I also shake with rage at abortion. It IS murder. It should be a crime. I am a liberal. I am not religious. And yet I see clearly the flawed logic of the pro choice side. The truth is that abortion is a completely selfish act. The women who get them should be tried with murder. There is no getting around it. Abortion IS murder.