Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

d'fuq did I just read ..::trigger warning::.. abortion=childbirth

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So I am perma mobile but I am going to try my best to post this crazyness...

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/135773-disturbing-woman-films-abortion-describes-birthlike-special-memory/

their campus lawn, it did. Like, tenfold.
In an attempt to inspire women who are thinking about getting an abortion but worried they’ll feel guilty afterward, New Jersey abortion councilor Emily Letts filmed her abortion and put it on YouTube.
What she says both during and after the procedure is incredibly delusional:
During the three-minute procedure, she repeatedly tells herself how lucky she is. She also hums to herself. After the abortion is over, she says, “Cool. I feel good.”
“I remember breathing and humming through it like I was giving birth,” she (later) wrote. “I know that sounds weird, but to me, this was as birth-like as it could be.”
“It will always be a special memory for me. I still have my sonogram, and if my apartment were to catch fire, it would be the first thing I’d grab.”
ThinkProgress praised Letts for filming her abortion and for demonstrating that it “isn’t a barbaric procedure.” Yet, I don’t see how terminating a pregnancy with such a flippant attitude can be anything but barbaric.
Abortion is a solemn topic that should be taken seriously, no matter which side of the debate you are on. Turning the issue into a lighthearted YouTube video unjustly reduces it to much less than that.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM
4 moms liked this
Good.

With all the blood, gore, horror, and emotional trauma the pro-life side preaches, it's refreshing to see This out there. I'm not even going to comment on her odd comments, because no one has the right to tell her she's wrong to feel the way she does. But I think people are missing the point of her video. She's showing people that it isn't as scary as it seems. It's no different than someone filming a dental procedure. People watch them to get an idea of what they're in for before doing it themselves. How many scared teens do you think will watch this the night before having their abortion? They deserve to know it's not as scary as it sounds.

This is a good thing.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 6, 2014 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I kinda like her for it. Very brave. People should realize that it is a simple procedure, and it's normal to feel relief. This attitude that women who abort are horrible people is not helpful. Society shames women enough. Sometimes it is the right choice, and a lot of women never feel a connection to the fetus, let alone regret after the fact. 

MaiVal
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:24 AM

I agree with most of these ladies. Of course it's sad and it can be hard for anyone to have that done.

She also has her life to think about and whether or not she can raise this child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Everyone reacts differently and have different reasons for doing it. I think she just wanted to let women who wanted one to not feel like crap about it cause there are so many people who would judge. I don't agree it's like child birth but I took the pills so it was a bad period with lots of depression mixed in.
malibucj
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Sad...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM

the CONservatives twisted this to fit their pathetic agenda.   She filmed it to help others understand it is a safe procedure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM
2 moms liked this
She's disgusting. You don't get an abortion and say it's like giving birth. The fact that she says it's a special memory and holds onto her ultrasound shows some problems in her logic. It's like she's trying to pretend it didn't happen.
Joie35
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:28 AM
That makes me sick.

I'm prolife. Probably would be considered an extremist on the subject.

I believe abortion SHOULD be something women view with fear and shame. NOT something that should seem as simple as getting a cavity filled or something.
shadowcat76
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

I'm pro-choice, but thats weird....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm prolife... but for the sake of argument, even if your pro-choice how could you make such a serious decision so flippantly with a smile on your face. How disturbing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)