Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have ANOTHER abscess in my armpit

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is my third one in like a year. They hurt so damned bad. Which explains why I'm up at 3:00 a.m.  I guess it's an ER visit for me in the morning. 

Before you jump my shit, yes, ER.  The first one I had I went to my PCP, she sent me to the ER, where the doc told me I was in the right place. Second one, I just went straight there, as I will do this time. 

by on May. 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
demonica29
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Oh, yeah, this post is strictly a pity party. There's no one awake to feel sorry for me here. Lol

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM

That must be so painful! What causes them? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I get them too and use antibiotic cream that eventually clears them.  Why the ER instead of  dermatologist?

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM
I have accessory breast tissue in my armpit so I can imagine how bad it is. Sorry dude.
demonica29
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Doc said old razor blades, but I only use brand new ones on my puts now and still got one. He'll if I know. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2014 at 6:00 AM
I've had ingrown hair or boil in my arm pit. That shit hurts like a mother fucker. Never had to go to the ER tho.

My mom's ended up with mrsa a few times.
demonica29
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I don't have a derm and by the time I get a referral from PCP and insurance approval it would be the size of a basketball. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I get them too and use antibiotic cream that eventually clears them.  Why the ER instead of  dermatologist?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I had one during the last month of my pregnancy, and it was very painful! My Dr lanced it and gave me antibiotic ointment and I never had another. Hopefully yours heals quickly.
demonica29
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Oh, and mine grow fast. There is no eventually for me, in like two days I can't put my arm to my side. 

Quoting Anonymous:

demonica29
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Mine grow big and fast. Can't put my arm all the way down after a couple days. 

Quoting Anonymous: I've had ingrown hair or boil in my arm pit. That shit hurts like a mother fucker. Never had to go to the ER tho. My mom's ended up with mrsa a few times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN