Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The BM Saga Continues

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 847 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, i posted part if this yesterday in another thread but quick recap for those that didn't see. I recently (very very recently) moved.in with my boyfriend and his son. I've only been with him for a month but we were.together for a while 6 yrs ago and lived.together for 7months. Back then, he had left his wife to be with me. They have been divorced a long time. They have 2 kids.together-a son who lives with my boyfriend til after this summer due to some school issues his non couldn't handle and a daughter who lives with mom but who he gets every summer. The kids are 10 and 8.

So when i moved in he didn't bother to tell his ex wife he had a new girlfriend moving in OR that it was me. She had hated me (understandably) since he left her for me and he knew she would be pissed. Not to long before he and i reconciled she and him were talking about getting back together and trying again but he and i started talking and he changed his mind. Did i mention while this was happening, she was living with HER boyfriend and she never told him...they are still together.

He forgot his phone at home yesterday so i answered it not realizing it was her (she was calling from work. Didn't recognize the number)...it took her a total of two seconds on the phone with me to figure out it was me and she lost it. She called my boyfriend on his work.phone absolutely flipping, demanding i either move out or he bring her her son back now and forget about his summer visitation. Obviously, she has no right to do that and she's just making idle threats so my.boyfriend basically told her to pack sand, he's not changing his life to suit her.

She is furious and had called his parents, her parents, his brother and even his ex gfs parents (he grew up next door to these people and is still close.to them) to ask them to "try and talk sense into him". His phone has been ringing nonstop since yesterday. Everyone has a different opinion. Everyone feels the need to weigh in. Its.driving me loony.

Why oh why does everyone think their opinion matters to us? I am 36 yrs.old. He is 33. We are clearly adults who are perfectly capable of.making our own decisions. Thank GOD for his Mom and step dad. They love me and have been totally supportive. His Mom told the ex wife that she would just have to accept me in the kids lives because it was her sons choice who to be with, just as its not his choice who SHE chooses to be with.

Anyway. This is mostly just a vent. I'm frustrated and sick of other people thinking they have a say in OUR relationship. My boyfriend is now only answering his.phone for me, his Mom and step dad and select friends til this storm.blows.over.
by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
After a month did you move your children in with him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM
8 moms liked this

Do you blame the mom for not wanting her children to be in the company of their dad's side whore? No, I don't blame her at all. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Ummm... I can't really blame her. Calling everyone and blowing up his phone isn't cool, but she has every right to hate you and not want you around her kid.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this
No. Their dad has primary custody. They will be with me this summer and every other major holiday.

Quoting MooreBoysMama: After a month did you move your children in with him?
lacyleanne
by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Idk sounds like a mess though. Why did yall break up the first time?
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a whore. But thanks for the lovely comment. Guess what? He has a court order. No judge in the world is going to take a guys kids away because he has a live in girlfriend unless that girlfriend was.doing drugs or abusing the kids or something. Which I'm not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you blame the mom for not wanting her children to be in the company of their dad's side whore? No, I don't blame her at all. 

Gianna2014
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Why did you lose custody of your kids?

Quoting Joie35: I'm not a whore. But thanks for the lovely comment. Guess what? He has a court order. No judge in the world is going to take a guys kids away because he has a live in girlfriend unless that girlfriend was.doing drugs or abusing the kids or something. Which I'm not.
Quoting Anonymous:

Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Oh I don't blame her for hating me. He left her for me once and then opted not to get back together with her after reconnecting with me. I'd hate me too.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Ummm... I can't really blame her. Calling everyone and blowing up his phone isn't cool, but she has every right to hate you and not want you around her kid.
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM
I don't even know what to say.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM
I was still legally married to.my.ex husband. My.boyfriend was still in the.military and so was he....my ex husband was making life a living hell.for him and for me and I couldn't take it any.more.

Quoting lacyleanne: Idk sounds like a mess though. Why did yall break up the first time?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN