Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The BM Saga Continues

Posted by   + Show Post
So, i posted part if this yesterday in another thread but quick recap for those that didn't see. I recently (very very recently) moved.in with my boyfriend and his son. I've only been with him for a month but we were.together for a while 6 yrs ago and lived.together for 7months. Back then, he had left his wife to be with me. They have been divorced a long time. They have 2 kids.together-a son who lives with my boyfriend til after this summer due to some school issues his non couldn't handle and a daughter who lives with mom but who he gets every summer. The kids are 10 and 8.

So when i moved in he didn't bother to tell his ex wife he had a new girlfriend moving in OR that it was me. She had hated me (understandably) since he left her for me and he knew she would be pissed. Not to long before he and i reconciled she and him were talking about getting back together and trying again but he and i started talking and he changed his mind. Did i mention while this was happening, she was living with HER boyfriend and she never told him...they are still together.

He forgot his phone at home yesterday so i answered it not realizing it was her (she was calling from work. Didn't recognize the number)...it took her a total of two seconds on the phone with me to figure out it was me and she lost it. She called my boyfriend on his work.phone absolutely flipping, demanding i either move out or he bring her her son back now and forget about his summer visitation. Obviously, she has no right to do that and she's just making idle threats so my.boyfriend basically told her to pack sand, he's not changing his life to suit her.

She is furious and had called his parents, her parents, his brother and even his ex gfs parents (he grew up next door to these people and is still close.to them) to ask them to "try and talk sense into him". His phone has been ringing nonstop since yesterday. Everyone has a different opinion. Everyone feels the need to weigh in. Its.driving me loony.

Why oh why does everyone think their opinion matters to us? I am 36 yrs.old. He is 33. We are clearly adults who are perfectly capable of.making our own decisions. Thank GOD for his Mom and step dad. They love me and have been totally supportive. His Mom told the ex wife that she would just have to accept me in the kids lives because it was her sons choice who to be with, just as its not his choice who SHE chooses to be with.

Anyway. This is mostly just a vent. I'm frustrated and sick of other people thinking they have a say in OUR relationship. My boyfriend is now only answering his.phone for me, his Mom and step dad and select friends til this storm.blows.over.
by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Replies (281-290):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I don't know whether to.read it or avoid it '/

Quoting PPCLC:

"Some people shouldn't be Moms...and Karma is a B****"

Quoting Joie35: Thread name?

Quoting PPCLC:

In this group...one that you've been debating with here in THIS thread has taken the argument to create an entirely new thread in this group, subtly calling you out (not using your screen name but clearly referencing you).

Quoting Joie35: Where is HERE?

Quoting PPCLC:

Be forewarned--someone has decided to take your story HERE and create an entirely new thread with it because she has "felt the need" to do so.

As for what you've written, please don't get your hopes up. Fairy tale endings seldom exist in life.

Quoting Joie35: We are aware. We are trying to make.decisions.together that will.make this the best home.we can for ALL of our kids when the time.comes.for them.all.to be here.

Quoting PPCLC:

Just in THIS snippet I've pieced together, you might both be "clearly adults" in age, but I am not so sure if you are mature enough to comprehend that when it comes to thinking reasonably and understanding regarading this man's children, much of what he does will matter.

IE...those "own decisions" are not exclusively going to impact the two of you alone.

Quoting Joie35: I recently (very very recently) moved.in with my boyfriend and his son. I've only been with him for a month but we were.together for a while 6 yrs ago and lived.together for 7months..... Back then, he had left his wife to be with me. They have been divorced a long time........ I am 36 yrs.old. He is 33. We are clearly adults who are perfectly capable of.making our own decisions.  

AllieKat
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I stopped reading at we have been together a month before I moved in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on May. 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM

a month isn't "stable."

Quoting Joie35: Um no, they only know about his ex wife's threats. She is calling everyone they know flipping her shit. yes, I did recently lose my twins. That's actually how my boyfriend and I reconnected. He was there for me (over the phone but still) when no.one else in the world seemed to give a damn, including the father of those precious babies. I AM getting myself together. I got a job here already (I start tonight). I am finally legally divorced. I have a visitation schedule set up with my kids. I live.in a nice home my boyfriend actually.owns. I have a good man with a good job and a stable life.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Ok

Quoting AllieKat: I stopped reading at we have been together a month before I moved in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on May. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM

THIS JUST CANNOT END UP GOOD

aweck85
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

GOOD LUCK!!!

Aussie.mum
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
You say she should be over it after six years... She probably was over it but this has brought up all the pain and hurt she felt back then. Maybe she's not dealing with it in the best way, but could you handle the thought of your own kids being around someone you can't stand? Geez, you can't expect her to be fine with it. You also almost seem a bit cocky and proud about the fact that you stopped him from getting back together with her... Maybe I read it wrong bur I wouldn't be proud of getting in the way of a family getting back together.

I think eventually her pain will die down and she will get used to the idea, if I was you I would stay out of it altogether, avoid her and ignore any of her attempts to get at you - if you fight back it will just inflame the situation and make things worse for everyone.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Nope but everything ha to start somewhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

a month isn't "stable."

Quoting Joie35: Um no, they only know about his ex wife's threats. She is calling everyone they know flipping her shit.

yes, I did recently lose my twins. That's actually how my boyfriend and I reconnected. He was there for me (over the phone but still) when no.one else in the world seemed to give a damn, including the father of those precious babies.

I AM getting myself together. I got a job here already (I start tonight). I am finally legally divorced. I have a visitation schedule set up with my kids. I live.in a nice home my boyfriend actually.owns. I have a good man with a good job and a stable life.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Nope but everything ha to start somewhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

a month isn't "stable."

Quoting Joie35: Um no, they only know about his ex wife's threats. She is calling everyone they know flipping her shit.

yes, I did recently lose my twins. That's actually how my boyfriend and I reconnected. He was there for me (over the phone but still) when no.one else in the world seemed to give a damn, including the father of those precious babies.

I AM getting myself together. I got a job here already (I start tonight). I am finally legally divorced. I have a visitation schedule set up with my kids. I live.in a nice home my boyfriend actually.owns. I have a good man with a good job and a stable life.
prdmama1154
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM

How old are you?

Quoting Joie35: My life is settling down. It was a much bigger mess not all that long ago.
Quoting prdmama1154:

WAY too much drama.  Your life is a mess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN