Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At times I really hate my DF

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
  • 100 Replies
Years ago my DF (then boyfriend) broke my trust and I didn't get 100% of the truth until I was 8 months pregnant.

Anyway, it put a strain on our relationship. To the point where I'm not the same woman, I'm having a hard time getting over certain stuff, and I have cheated (not soley because of this)

My question is, to the women who have been hurt by their SO, how did you get over it?

ETA: We have been to counseling.
by on May. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally wouldn't get over it, if counseling didn't help and you still have trust issues, something in the back of  your mind is saying he is not the one. I would trust my gut.

Riceball83
by on May. 6, 2014 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
If it's been years and you still can't get over it even with counseling then in all likely hood your not going to get over it and would be better off moving on with your life.
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Sometimes I think I'm overreacting, you know?
But I just can't get over it.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

I personally wouldn't get over it, if counseling didn't help and you still have trust issues, something in the back of  your mind is saying he is not the one. I would trust my gut.

Momsold
by on May. 6, 2014 at 8:27 AM

And so you're going to marry him and you have children in this mess.

No advice, just a lot of head shaking.

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I'm not marrying him. And yes I have a child.
Shake your head, that's fine.

Quoting Momsold:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 8:31 AM
I'm in your same exact situation minus the fact that I have never cheated or retaliated. He didn't cheat either but he lied and like you the truth does not come out for months. I wish I could just get over it but it is not that easy and all the issues from this drive me crazy.
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM
I know what you're feeling, I wish I had advice, but I can bump. I would like some answers also.
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Its hard.
I tried for what seems like forever to get over it, but it just nags at me. There were other issues which caused me to cheat (which I know, cheating is wrong and never the answer)
But I try so hard to make it work, but I feel as though most of my love died when I found out certain things.
*hugs* I hope it gets better for you.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm in your same exact situation minus the fact that I have never cheated or retaliated. He didn't cheat either but he lied and like you the truth does not come out for months. I wish I could just get over it but it is not that easy and all the issues from this drive me crazy.
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Thank you love

I hope it gets better for you also.

Quoting Maks1mommy: I know what you're feeling, I wish I had advice, but I can bump. I would like some answers also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM
How is he your df if you're marrying him?

Quoting couture-mommy: I'm not marrying him. And yes I have a child.
Shake your head, that's fine.

Quoting Momsold:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)