Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 Mom Confessions That Will Make You Feel Better About Yourself - What's your confession?

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 109 Replies
1 mom liked this

10 Mom Confessions That Will Make You Feel Better About Yourself

by Jill Smokler

It's time for another installment of "You're not the only flawed parent out there." Could you use the reminder, too?

Below are 10 recent Scary Mommy Confessions for those of you who may be having trouble keeping up with all of the seemingly perfect parents out there. Because, really? We've all got something to confess ...

1. I feel like a teenager again. Sneaking candy and beer in my closet. I'm 32.

2. I hide when my kid throws up. I am so thankful that my husband is always around when it happens. I am probably the only mother who can't be there for her children when they throw up. It is so hard for me.

3. There are times when I will 'accidentally' blurt out the answers to my son's homework just so we can get it over with.

4. I always pretend I'm sleeping until I hear my husband walk out the door for work. That way, I don't have to make him tea or kiss him goodbye.  

5. I won't let my children lick the cake batter bowl for health reasons, but I will secretly make a whole cake mix and eat it raw, all by myself.

6. We were watching Frozen last night, and when the big scary snowman chases them out of the castle, my 2-year-old said, "What the f*ck?" My husband and I laughed for five minutes. I know it's wrong, but I love when young children cuss.

7. When the kids are really getting on my nerves, I tell them that they may not remember, but they used to have an older brother -- until he pissed me off one time too often.

8. I rush home from work so I can crawl into bed and snuggle my dog for 15 minutes before my husband gets home with the baby ... and sometimes, when they walk in, I'm disappointed they are home already.

9. I am going to sneak my 1-year-old into my husband's luggage before he leaves for his business trip. I can't handle my son alone this week.

10. Seriously considering shaving my 7-year-old daughter's moustache for her holy communion ... I'm a horrible mother. 

What's your confession?

by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
6 and 7 made me laugh
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM

If she doesn't take a nap, I will let my daughter play on the computer for an hour if it means I can make dinner in peace.

ladybugchick317
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

My confessions is I shave my dd8's unibrow...lol

jenval
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I gave my 2 year old  twin chocolate chip cookies at 7:30 this morning to help de- escalte some serious tantrums... (I had to be at work in 20 minutes and still needed to drop them off at daycare!!!!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I let my twin 4 yr olds play with tablets so I can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in peace.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I bribe my kids with candy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM
6 moms liked this
My kids watch more tv than they probably should so I can get stuff done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
This is hilarious! I totally hide from throw up!
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I give them candy once a week. I let them eat a kids meal for breakfast today-we get fast food maybe four times a year.
I am human. I do my best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKir
by Kay on May. 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM
8 moms liked this

I tell my kids I have to go potty, just so I can have ten minutes of peace.

I have more then once just tossed small toys away because I get soo tired of stepping on them and finding them all over the floor, my children think elves steal them at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN