Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daddy Takes her in the Shower with Him?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

While at breakfast the other day at a friends house, the dad and 3yr old came downstairs, and the kid happily announced, 'i'm clean, i shower with daddy'

Does your dh bathe with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
That's just sick

Quoting mom23heathens: If mom can do it why can't dad?
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
42 moms liked this

It's her father,  what's the big deal?  I know this is a hard concept to understand here on CM but some of us married men we can trust to help us raise our children.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes.  So far they have both been boys, though.  We are expecting a daughter, due soon.

I would shower with my boys.  My oldest asked to stop showering with me when he was almost 4.  Said he noticed we were 'different.'  So, I stopped.  He's 6 now, with no real boundaries.  I'll be in the shower and he'll just pop his head in to ask for something.  I try not to make a big deal of it, aside from reminding him of privacy.

My other is 2, and he still loves showering with DH and I.

I have vague memories of showering with my Dad.  I think we stopped when I was almost 4.  I remember telling him I didn't like his body hair.  LOL  No, I don't remember his genitals.

I won't mind DH showering with our daughter until she or he becomes uncomfortable with it.

cymkare
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM
9 moms liked this

This. Everyone should stop being so suspicious of dads just because they are dads. Most are not child molesters. 

I have no problem with this. The kid is three. Not thirteen. 

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Not every man is a pedophile. I don't have a problem with it.

babygirlsierra
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Nope. 

momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
12 moms liked this
We've never done it, but I don't see what the big deal is. I wonder more about people who see sexuality in it. Most fathers aren't pedophiles.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
No but I don't see anything wrong with it.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes. He showered with our daughter until about a year ago, when she decided she wanted to start trying to take a shower by herself. She was 6. He still showers with our youngest son regularly. 

sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. If we are ever blessed with a healthy living daughter, she will be treated just as Ds was as a baby/toddler. She will shower with me and dh as a matter if convenience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN