Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daddy Takes her in the Shower with Him?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

While at breakfast the other day at a friends house, the dad and 3yr old came downstairs, and the kid happily announced, 'i'm clean, i shower with daddy'

Does your dh bathe with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
That's just sick

Quoting mom23heathens: If mom can do it why can't dad?
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM
42 moms liked this

It's her father,  what's the big deal?  I know this is a hard concept to understand here on CM but some of us married men we can trust to help us raise our children.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes.  So far they have both been boys, though.  We are expecting a daughter, due soon.

I would shower with my boys.  My oldest asked to stop showering with me when he was almost 4.  Said he noticed we were 'different.'  So, I stopped.  He's 6 now, with no real boundaries.  I'll be in the shower and he'll just pop his head in to ask for something.  I try not to make a big deal of it, aside from reminding him of privacy.

My other is 2, and he still loves showering with DH and I.

I have vague memories of showering with my Dad.  I think we stopped when I was almost 4.  I remember telling him I didn't like his body hair.  LOL  No, I don't remember his genitals.

I won't mind DH showering with our daughter until she or he becomes uncomfortable with it.

cymkare
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM
9 moms liked this

This. Everyone should stop being so suspicious of dads just because they are dads. Most are not child molesters. 

I have no problem with this. The kid is three. Not thirteen. 

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Not every man is a pedophile. I don't have a problem with it.

babygirlsierra
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Nope. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
12 moms liked this
We've never done it, but I don't see what the big deal is. I wonder more about people who see sexuality in it. Most fathers aren't pedophiles.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
No but I don't see anything wrong with it.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes. He showered with our daughter until about a year ago, when she decided she wanted to start trying to take a shower by herself. She was 6. He still showers with our youngest son regularly. 

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. If we are ever blessed with a healthy living daughter, she will be treated just as Ds was as a baby/toddler. She will shower with me and dh as a matter if convenience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN