Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she's mad I won't give her money :(

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 64 Replies
My ex sil asks me for money a few times a yr. Usually small amts...help with a bill, food/diapers etc. ) I love her and am a pushover lolso I help.
3 wks ago she asked me for $600bc she said her tires were bald and going to fall apart. I said im sorry but I dont have $600 extra at the moment....I alsosaid since she just bought that new vehicle to approach the dealership and see if they could work something out.

Honestly I think shes lying.her new car is 3 yrs old and the tires looked brand new in the pics she posted. She just got new tattoos/ipads etc.
Whatever her business but im not giving her $600. So she responded whAtever and hasnt spoken tome since.WTF.seriously?
Pretty upset :(
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like my current SIL
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this
She got to used to taking advantage of you!! Good for you! You shouldn't have to take care of her as well. Of course I love helping my family out, as long as I am not being taken advantage of!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you've finally cut her off financially......this could be a good thing.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I wouldn't be giving her a penny, ever.

chaotic.mind
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow. I'd be pissed. Did she really think you were just going to loan her $600 like it's nothing. She has no right to get mad at you. 

Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Some ppl only want you around for what you can give or do for them.  It's her loss.

MorganTho
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:57 AM
She sounds like a leech! That's ridiculous. Tell her you would be glad to go with her and buy her some used tires (30-40$/piece).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It looks like she didn't ask for a loan, just $600 as a gift?

Quoting chaotic.mind:

Oh wow. I'd be pissed. Did she really think you were just going to loan her $600 like it's nothing. She has no right to get mad at you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I have an Aunt like that.  She asked for $600+ multiple times a year, and I never gave her any.  She'd claim to need food, so I'd drop by with some basic groceries and get a cold reception.  Even worse, when she went to the food pantry she brought over all the stuff she "didn't like" from her food box to give to DH and I!  It was sweet she thought of us, but it really shows how messed up the priorities can be.

Aside from money, she's a wonderful person.  I sat her down one day and told her I wanted to maintain our relationship, but if she kept asking for money I wouldn't be able to.  I told her it put me in such an awkward place, as a young woman with a family of my own, and that it was starting to hurt what we had.

She hasn't asked for cash again, though she has asked for help with groceries or throwing her daughter a special party.

I hope you can work out a happy medium with SIL.  She may be feeling a sting because you've been so helpful in the past, but if she's a good person she'll get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN