Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I take my five year old to fancy resteraunts

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Every month we have a mommy and pickles date. We pick resteraunts that are usually ethnic so we can try out something new. None of these places are in anyway kid friendly. None even have kid menus. Why??? So I can teach my kiddo how to act in this setting. Too many kiddos dont know how to act appropriately in resteraunts and im determined to raise my children to be polite young gentlemen. We go to ethnic resteraunts because I want him to be able to find one thing he likes on any menu. He is a picky eater and this actually works really well. Last month was sushi and the owner complimented how well behaved he was and how he is going to be a great man. Made me swell up with such pride.

Dont get me wrong the kid is still a nut. And I cant bring my two year old yet. That would be a disaster lol
by on May. 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

In truth, if I go to a place where I expect to not see children, and there are young children there, I leave.  If I wanted to hang with children on a night out with my husband, I would have brought my own.  No matter how well behaved your child is, he/she is still just a child and so I would rather not.....Now, I go out on date nights with my husband usually after eight, and there really is no reason for young children to be out that late.

librarywizard
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM

When my brother and I were younger, my dad made a point of taking us to a different ethnic restaurant every week. It was fun and we got to try lots of delicious food!

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Oh I guess I should have said...we go in the day time when the resteraunt is close to empty.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

In truth, if I go to a place where I expect to not see children, and there are young children there, I leave.  If I wanted to hang with children on a night out with my husband, I would have brought my own.  No matter how well behaved your child is, he/she is still just a child and so I would rather not.....Now, I go out on date nights with my husband usually after eight, and there really is no reason for young children to be out that late.

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I think its great. Next week we are going to Thai food. Which is new for both of us so im excited.

Quoting librarywizard:

When my brother and I were younger, my dad made a point of taking us to a different ethnic restaurant every week. It was fun and we got to try lots of delicious food!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM
We don't go to fancy restaurants with our children. We have three and it would probably cost as much as our car payment to feed them.

We'll stick to $5 kids' plates.
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Hes a little guy usually we just pick two things we want to try and share them. Never costs too much and we like the one on one time too. Ive had some seriously interesting conversations with him. Hes a story teller

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: We don't go to fancy restaurants with our children. We have three and it would probably cost as much as our car payment to feed them.

We'll stick to $5 kids' plates.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM

We take our kids to most restaurants, but I have a hard time with fancy restaurants for myself. I'm a pretty good cook and can't justify spending a week's grocery budget on dinner for two. But we've taken our kids with us when we eat out since they were tiny and they are frequently complimented on their behavior (and their eating - my kids eat everything).

yperez0209
by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM
We go out as a couple a few nights a month but we also go out as a family to restaurants. We are a family of eight and my kids have learned how to sit at a table and have a meal. We do so every night at home... So there's no real difference at a restaurant.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

That's cool.

djg0622
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM
I don't see an issue with it. Usually when I go out I don't notice other people's kids. We don't go out with ours very often bc it is too much and I think as parents we think our kids are being worse than they are and are bothering other people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN