Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Journey Back To Me. Please help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I've lost myself in the past 6 years. From babies to to just a passion for unhealthy food, I've gained 100lbs. I'm sad and shamed and I want to find my way back to the woman I know is still under This layer of birthday cakes, steaks, tons of white rice, chips, Pepperoni and goodness knows what else.

So I started exercising. I take my 7 year old on walks with me. I'm changing what we eat. I replaced my beloved white rice with brown and quinoa.
I cut out ice cream and candy and for sweet have berries galore stocked in my fridge.
I know it's a long road back. I'm ok with that. It took 6 years to get here, it may take as long to fit back into my favorite clothes I have hidden way back in the closet.

But, do any of you have some tasty low calorie recipes or meal ideas you'd like to share for me and others?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I don't have any recipes right now but I just wanted to say you're awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Thank you so much!

Quoting Anonymous: I don't have any recipes right now but I just wanted to say you're awesome!
AspirelI
by on May. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Good luck op! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Come on ladies, for sure some of you must have some meal ideas!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Thank you :*)

Quoting AspirelI:

Good luck op! 

mommytojaxon
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 3:02 PM
I'm a terrible cook so I can't help with healthy recipe's but I think you are great for making a change. I would suggest to drink as much water as you possibly can. That helps curb my appetite and keeps me from snacking unnecessarily. Best of luck to you mama and keep up the good work!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Thank you. I appreciate any and all advice

Quoting mommytojaxon: I'm a terrible cook so I can't help with healthy recipe's but I think you are great for making a change. I would suggest to drink as much water as you possibly can. That helps curb my appetite and keeps me from snacking unnecessarily. Best of luck to you mama and keep up the good work!
Megan214
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Good luck. :) I love pita bread. I cut them in half and cook up peppers, onions, and mushrooms and stuff it. :) It's a yummy lunch and low cal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)