Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the worst wedding you ever attended?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 613 Replies
2 moms liked this
Wedding season is upon us!

In that spirit I'd love to hear your wedding disaster stories. What's the worst wedding you ever attended and why? Spill it here!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
holyhoola
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:53 PM
7 moms liked this
It was a Catholic wedding and very long and boring.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM

My cousin's wedding.  The wedding itself was nice.  The DJ wearing a backless halter "tuxedo" top with fat rolls folding over the straps was not.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM

No bad ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My own:(  I had a potluck and nobody brought anything. My mom had to go and buy 20 pizzas from Little Ceasars. I posted on here about it at the time.

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I've only attended one besides my own.

Big sister to be!

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
6 moms liked this

The ones that I endured that were all about the perfect dress, perfect flowers, perfect ceremony and then later divorced because the guy wasn't perfect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM
26 moms liked this
The worst one I attended:

It was a shotgun wedding and the very pregnant bride CRIED the whole walk down the aisle. Not tears of joy.

Her gaming addict groom insisted on a World of Warcraft themed wedding cake. The bride was so pissed off about this that she refused to participate in the cake cutting ceremony so the groom cut the cake with his mom!

Speaking of cake, they couldn't afford a cake that would feed everyone so the bridal party and parents got cake. Everyone else got RICE CRISPIE TREATS.

The reception ended early because the new MIL and the mother of the bride got into a fight. An actual physical altercation with hair pulling and beer spilling everywhere. The MIL was yelling about how the bride was a whore and saying the baby probably wasn't even her son's.

We never got a thank you note.

They divorced two years later when the groom ran off with a coworker.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Oh man! I'm sorry!

Quoting Anonymous:

My own:(  I had a potluck and nobody brought anything. My mom had to go and buy 20 pizzas from Little Ceasars. I posted on here about it at the time.

eztwins
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:58 PM
A coworker of dh. It was at a fire hall ( that isn't the bad part), all they had to drink was a fuzzy navel fountain, keg of beer and a keg of birch beer! No water even they said I could fill up a cup in the bathroom sink!!!!! I actually left and went to the nearest gas station and bought a couple waters and a bottle of iced tea.
TheFairest
by Zombie on May. 6, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I remember this "/

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)