Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do? parenting advice needed

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM
  • 35 Replies
So I have some beautiful flower gardens finally coming into their own. I think this year will be the best yet. I have a lot of perennials. I have planted and mulched and fertilized and watered and devided etc for years.

Ss has live with us for 5 years. He is hard on them. He is forever running in the beds and "accidently" stomping the flowers. He often makes eye contact with me, looks down, steps out of his way to step on a group of flowers. Then makes eye contact again. He is clearly looking for attention. Ahhhhhh. He has even taken to digging holes in the yard

5 damn years of this.any plants have died or broken off to struggle for life. He runs through the beds..... we have a huge yard and he literally has 100 acres to stomp around....where does he stomp? On the Lilly's my great grandmother's mother passed down through the generations. Grrrr.

We have tried. Reminders. Gardening with him. Giving him his own flowers so he would maybe not want to hurt them. Gardening when he isn't home so he isn't resentful to the flowers. Spankings. Scoldings. Taking away toys or games. Time out. Added chores. Positive reenforcement when he get caught being good. its been 5 years. Wtf
by on May. 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathercm26
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:25 AM
He is 8 years old.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2014 at 2:26 AM
9 moms liked this

Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Sassy762:

Bahahaha!
cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure other than to ask him why? I would be beyond upset though. I Love my flowers and unless you are helping plant,weed, or move them you best leave them alone!

notuseless
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Put up a gate and lock him out of the garden.

Quoting heathercm26: He is 8 years old.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
He wouldn't be allowed outside. He'd be stuck doing chores inside.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Hmmmm....thinking about it...if he is going to be mean to them,make him help weed etc...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2014 at 2:31 AM

He would not be allowed outside.

I had to get pretty tough with dd. taking a toy away never worked until I made her march it outside and drop it in the garbage can. It was pretty awful and I felt like a total a-hole but we only had to do it once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM
You say he is clearly looking for attention, what are you doing to give him attention? If you know heis doing this ppurposely you need to make his punishment a severe enough that he doesn't want to do it again, and be 100% consistent. If you let him get away with it just once, he will continue to do it expecting that time be another time he will get away with it again.
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM
I was going to say build a small fence but woah, 8? Um, if you think he's doing for attention why not give him positive attention? Be outside with him when he plays or invite him to join in whatever you're doing

Quoting heathercm26: He is 8 years old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN