Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA** Should I let him take just his son and leave the other behind? * long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies
1 mom liked this
Eta: We dont have any court orders. We agreed that he will pick his son up on friday and bring him back sunday evening.
Although i understand my oldest is not his He is the one who agreed to be there. I told him if he didnt want to he didnt have to. So it was all him.

I confronted him about the lie. Thats when he said he didnt want to take him. He didnt give me an explanation as to why. His mother would never make my oldest feel left out so I know for a fact its all him.

My ex and I were together for 3 years before splitting up in Feb.. we have a 2 year old son together and I have a 5 year old son from a previous abusive relationship. My ex was there for my son since he was a year and a half. My sons father hasnt been involved at all.

After our split we agreed to see if we can work things out. He picks up the kids every other weekend and takes them to his home and the other weekends he spends at my home. Hes agreed to still be there for my oldest no matter what. I did not force him to he just said it. Which I was fine with it.

Now heres the issue: My exes step dad has a family reunion every year. This year its at the end of May. Well my ex asked if he can take the kids and I said it was fine. He then said his mother didnt want my oldest going because he wasnt part of thier family. Which was a complete lie because I spoke to his mom. Turns out my ex doesnt want to take my oldest.

My problem is that it isnt fair for any of my boys. They are always together no matter what. Theyre usually sad when theyre not. I feel he should take both or none at all. Our son is not related to his stepdad or his family. His stepdad isnt even married to his mother. So for hin to say that my oldest isnt part of that family is dumb because neither of my boys are.

Am I wrong for feeling this way? Should I let him just take his son or none of them at all? Mamas please no bashing. I just need advice on what I should do.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM
26 moms liked this

That is ALL kinds of F*CKED UP especially now that he has been taking both boys....smdh

I would be a Bitch and tell him NO only because he has been doing it this long

***BTW............I am probably the only one that is going to say this*** 

**runs out of post**

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Bump
Camsmom218
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I'm curious to see what others have to say because I was just talking to my sister about this. I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship, he has no relationship with his birth father and my ex boyfriend and I started dating when he was 10 months old. He is the only dad he knows and calls him dad. I'm now 6 1/2 months pregnant with my ex and I was wondering if he would treat my son any different when it comes to taking and spending time with them. I don't want my son feeling left out.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Bump
km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM
8 moms liked this

I think you should let him take his son. Unfortunately, this stuff happens when blended families break up. 

EarlGrayHot
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No.  He's in the wrong for feeling that way AND for lying about whose idea it was.  Confront him and say you know he lied and that it's both or none.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I would say both or none.
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM
14 moms liked this

I understand where you are coming from. I really do. BUT, you're gonna have to suck it up. Your ex is not the father of your oldest and your ex has no obligation to the child. You can't keep his son away from him because you want things to be "fair". Life isn't fair. It will never be fair. It sucks, but it's true. Your oldest doesn't have an active father and your youngest does. You can't punish your youngest because of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN