Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ever put your kid on a cleanse of any kind?

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 83 Replies

Juice Cleanses Aren't for Kids

by Sunny Chanel

juice cleanseThere are a whole lot of diet trends that parents just love and totally swear by, from going vegan to going gluten free.

While many moms and dads may include their children in the newfangled food fad, there is one you just shouldn't do with your kid: Please don't put your child on a juice cleanse.

Many people like famous juicers Gwyneth Paltrow and Alicia Silverstone swear by the occasional juice cleanse. But they are grown adults who can make their own decisions about their bodies and who have a mature digestion system and body. Children, especially babies, need so many nutrients and vitamins to grow big and strong, they don't need to be put on a questionable diet just 'cos mom or dad digs it.

And get this, a company actually markets a cleanse to not just children but toddler's and even babies! Yes, babies! The compnay defends its $99 "Children Cleanse" herbal extracts saying that:

Children are the products of their mother's body (womb) and what the mother eats herself and feeds to her family. A toxic woman undoubtedly has a toxic body and this toxic body serves as a vehicle for a developing baby. Many babies are born sick upon delivery today because of developing in a toxic body and womb.

It then goes off on the negative effects of sugar and pre-natal vitamins on a baby. The herbal extracts are actually taken in combination with a dietary regiment of raw foods. But still, a cleanse for a baby seems pretty extreme how ever you slice it.

There just seems to be too many risks to take with a child's health for the sake of embracing this health trend.

Would you ever put your kid on a cleanse of any kind?

by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM
8 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I would let them juice, but not as a cleanse. So, no.
smalltownteddy
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh hell no. I don't think that's healthy even for adults.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I would never put my child on any type of cleanse.
caito
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

NEVER.

vlbomar
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM
5 moms liked this
No. I think most are gimmicks and dangerous. Adults who do those I question too.
LuvmyAiden
by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We occasionally go on a kick that's all fruits and veggies and I will juice lots of stuff and push lots of water. Mainly if we have been eating a huge amount of junk due to late ball games and such I'll do this to get us all feeling good again. But never a true juice cleanse.

mommyfesha
by monster on May. 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Seeing as how I would never go on any kind of cleanse myself, I certainly wouldn't do that to my kids.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think adults should go on cleanses so no. If you eat right there is no need. If you don't eat right, then eat right. No need for a cleanse.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We put them on a cleanse of some sort when we went the organic food route, and also when we stopped giving them juice, kool-aid, soda, etc....now they get only milk or water, unless it's a special occasion.  But a cleanse in the sense that's mentioned above, no, not happening here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)