Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There Goes The Neighborhood!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
We knew this would happen... Dh is the Maintenance manager of the apartment complex we live at. We have finally found a house to buy and will be moving in a few weeks.

Anyway... Our apartment complex started accepting section 8 this year. Not good. Dh said all the ones that have moved in so far are incredibly ghetto/very white trash. The kids run wild. They break into the cabana at all hours, and generally are disrespectful. The parents are another story. They TRASH their apartments. Blast their music at midnight when driving their cars. Have dogs that bark at all hours.

The cops have been here a few times. A couple times to "stake out" looking for a wanted man who dates a section eight resident. Today dh told me that there is now a prostitution ring here!

So glad we are moving. This is a very nice area of Washington (Bellevue). There are million dollar mansions right up the hill. And now Bellevue has a project.

So sad. They should have know better...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firebird78
by Lilly's mom on May. 7, 2014 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It happens.... luckily not all the time
Glad you are moving soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Bump!
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I've seen that with assisted payment housing. Always amazes me. I was raised that you treat things that aren't yours better than you treat your own. Preferably that you return it in equal or better condition than when you got it.
Mum2D
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM
If it's that bad can't they be kicked out for violating the lease? Or is there something about section 8 that prevents it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 9:47 PM
And this place is considered "luxury" housing. Three pools, 2 fitness rooms, rent is not under 2000 a month. You'd think that they'd take pride in the fact that this is such a nice place?!

Nope. I was always taught that you appreciate things so much more when you have to EARN it. So true in this case.

Quoting B1Bomber: I've seen that with assisted payment housing. Always amazes me. I was raised that you treat things that aren't yours better than you treat your own. Preferably that you return it in equal or better condition than when you got it.
bothsidesofcoin
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM
4 moms liked this
I've never understood why SOME people believe if they are poor, then it justifies them acting like trash and slobs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Only way they can is if there is something really unsanitary going on like hoarding. There are so many laws that are in favor of bad tenants.

Quoting Mum2D: If it's that bad can't they be kicked out for violating the lease? Or is there something about section 8 that prevents it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM

OP, I was NEVER one to judge in such matters until my daughters private school started accepeting "need based" scholorships to children that were low income.  She had attended the school since she was 4.  We paid around 5 thousand a year.  I worked part time to pay this.  She even had to "test" before she could enter.  She received a great education until about the 6th grade. Once the school started accepting students with "any kind of grades", the teachers no longer had time, nor patience for my daughter.  Also, they started increasing the rates (because the scholorships would pay it), and it just wasn't fair to my daughter and the other students that had been there from age 4, etc.  Now my daughter is in high school and I made it clear to the school board that I would not recommend other students because of this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't know about where you live, but in our state each town and each county is required to have a certain amount of low-income housing.  That's why the ghettos pop up in really nice areas, and why the elitists are pissed off.  Who the hell wants to have trash like that living in their clean, manicured lawn neighborhoods and interacting with their properly raised children at school...when their kids do show up at school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I get it. Both dh and I grew up poor. Dh was very poor. We worked our asses off and truly appreciate everything we have EARNED.

In instances like your no one should be allowed in unless they qualify.

I'm cases like mine... I mean I get not wanting to live in the projects. But I don't think luxury housing should be available to them on the taxpayers dime. ESPECIALLY if you are gonna trash your place and let your kids run around like wild animals.

I saw a girl (redhead and white... Dh told me she is a daughter of a section 8 resident)... No more than 14 running while pushing a toddler in one of those Walmart strollers down one of our steep hills that connects with the road. I nearly had a heart attack when she almost lost control of the stroller.

Quoting Anonymous:

OP, I was NEVER one to judge in such matters until my daughters private school started accepeting "need based" scholorships to children that were low income.  She had attended the school since she was 4.  We paid around 5 thousand a year.  I worked part time to pay this.  She even had to "test" before she could enter.  She received a great education until about the 6th grade. Once the school started accepting students with "any kind of grades", the teachers no longer had time, nor patience for my daughter.  Also, they started increasing the rates (because the scholorships would pay it), and it just wasn't fair to my daughter and the other students that had been there from age 4, etc.  Now my daughter is in high school and I made it clear to the school board that I would not recommend other students because of this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN