Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can this be admissible in court?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I had things stored at my relative's house. My ex was at my relative's house, and a mutual friend of theirs handed him a journal I left there in my storage boxes. I wrote in it for a few weeks when I was going through a rough patch emotionally and with my SO. (I tried taking SAM-e for seasonal depression which gave me some really bizarre mania-like symptoms.) 

Anyway, my ex read the journal and wants to take me back to court to say my SO and I can't be together or to get custody, he was drunk and rambling so I'm not sure what his intentions are.

There are NO references to drug use or abuse. I think all that's in there is some paranoid rambling. I think I did talk about wanting to die and/or wanting to cut myself. (I think I also wrote a full page on how much I love Kurt Cobain and wish he was alive.) I also talked about my SO drinking a lot (our dogs had just died and it was a bad time for our family). 

Can he use this in family court against me?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM
No, it would be impossible to prove that you wrote it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM

no it is not admissable in court he cant prove you wrote them 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I don't think so no.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
He can not prove it's yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
No idea but I hope not :(

How awful that this friend would violate your trust and privacy that way...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM

He may be able to prove you wrote it based on what is written and recognizing your handwriting and calling the person who gave it to him as a witness.  Ask your attorney.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Yes well in the state of California. If he request a psych evaluation the doctor can use that to determine if supervised visits or full custody should be awarded. This is of course after interviews with you and your references. Sounds shitty but I just did this with my bff and her ex. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)