Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Single parent and severely depressed...

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 55 Replies

For you single moms out there like me, who have no other parent in the picture and it's just you and your kiddo(s), how did you manage stress and depression? I understand every situation is different, and others manage stress and such more than me, but I can't seem to handle it well at all. It takes everthing I have not to punch the wall, scream, anything when I'm so overwhelmed and upset. My DD is 3, and is at that stage where everything, EVERYTHING, makes her cry. Or she doesn't listen anymore, y'know, the stage every kid goes through at one point or another. Maybe being on my period today, and it being the worst its ever been, has a lot to do with it. But I can't handle parenting alone anymore. It just makes me so sad. I've been struggling since my DD was conceived with work and money, and have tried to do it alone until now, but the money I'm getting from work only pays for rent and gas (my DD and I live in another state than any family), and daycare. I barely see her, I can't afford toys or anything. Her birthday passed on Sunday, and she didn't get a cake, toys or a party, because I can't afford it. It was a wake up call to me when I cried myself to sleep that night, so I'm moving 2 states over to live with my parents. I feel like a failure as a mom, and I'm just so lonely. 

I know it'll get easier for both her and I when she starts school, but I can't seem to get over my depression. Any words of encouragement?

and before anyone who has more than one kiddo and is going through this, please don't try to tell me that you have it harder than me. Like I stated before, everyone handles situations differently.

by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Can I ask why you aren't getting child support?
whatssleep
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM
The only way from the bottom is up
mariere
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Quoting owl0210: Can I ask why you aren't getting child support?

I have no idea where he is, and the state can't find him. My guess is he moved with family to Mexico.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Where are you moving to ?
mariere
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Where are you moving to ?

Colorado.

SithMom71
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
First off, Hugs!

Second, take a hot bath with candles and music and wine.
Write in a journal, crochet, do crafts you want to try. There are gobs to try and materials can be bought at the dollar store.

Go for walks in the park. Let your dd explore and get messy. Make mud pies with her. Go to the beach and look for shells.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Where in Colorado? I'm in Colorado Springs.

Quoting mariere:

Colorado.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
(((((Hugs)))))

One day at a time. When that's too much, one hour at a time. When that's too much, 15 minutes at a time.
mariere
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Where in Colorado? I'm in Colorado Springs.
Quoting mariere:

Colorado.

Denver area 

armyvet06
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Im a single mom and I live with my parents until I finish school.. and when i get mad, angry, frustrated, stressed out, I ask my parents to take my daughter for a bit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)