Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really odd... I think my neighbor is breaking into my house

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this
So just now we are getting ready for bed and I notice a brand new pack of dentasticks sitting on my counter. We have two puppies, but when I buy something like that I get them each one big greenies or something like that for their breath.

Anyway our neighbor has been here since way before us. He's good friends with my husband and we have a key to his house check on his cat while he's out of town working and we borrow stuff from each other all the time. So I'm pretty sure he's been getting in my house and leaving stuff here.... A few weeks ago I found a bag of dog treats and I shrugged it off thinking I must have forgotten buying them. Bit after tonight I told my husband I think he's breaking in and leaving dog treats here.

My husband says I'm crazy but to prove my point he walked over after going to Walmart and brought us a new skillet he had bought us. Last week he gave us strawberries and milk and a cake and some deli ham he said was never gonna get used.

He's a good guy, wouldn't harm a fly but this is just weird....
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM
26 moms liked this
At least he's breaking in to give you things rather than take them lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never be OK with that lol. Even family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like my parents lol, they always leave stuff for me.  If it bothers you change the locks.  He might have a key from a previous neighbour he was friends with.

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Charles Manson was a "good guy" too.
danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Easy. Set up a camera and then confront the creep if he is doing what you think.
Liastele
by Lauren on May. 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, I don't like people sneaking in for any reason. Even my BFF shouldn't be sneaking in my house.  I'd be fine with him leaving stuff in the mailbox or put the dog treats in a bag and hang it on the front door, but not just come on in and leave it for us. Creeeeepy.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Well at least he's leaving stuff and not taking it lol.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM
The locks are less than a year old we change them often anyway and our door is a little broken so its super easy to just stick a card or knife in the jam and it pops open. We are getting another one as soon as we make it to the living room in our big remodel

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like my parents lol, they always leave stuff for me.  If it bothers you change the locks.  He might have a key from a previous neighbour he was friends with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM
AGREED!

Quoting Anonymous: I would never be OK with that lol. Even family.
TLC4theworld
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Is he older? Is he lonely?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN