Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lexapro?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

Has anyone taken it? My doctor prescribed it today, I finally made the call to go back in and get back on meds. I was previous on zoloft and had horrible side effects from it so stopped taking it. Lately I've noticed how much worse I've been getting and have spent the past week crying every night, so went in today and got something as well as more blood work done. I'm due to go back in 2 weeks to review labs and see how the dosage of meds is working that she gave me and see if I need a higher dose or something else. I have to wait til Saturday to start taking the meds in case I have the side effects like I did with the Zoloft though :/ 
The doctor recommended counseling but at this point it's not possible because I don't have steady childcare and cant pay $160-320+ just for 1-2 appointments a week... Maybe in a few months things will be better and I can go. Just wondering how others have done on it I guess, I know everyones different and handles things differently but I'd never heard of this med til today

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Yes. It did nothing for me. Lexa pro is depression meds on training wheels.
poisonedtaco
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I used to take it. It made me really angry though.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Lexapro didn't do anything for me and made my OCD symptoms worse. The best drug I ever took was Gabapentin. It helped with my anxiety, OCD, migraines, and epilepsy. It was a miracle. I'd spent so many years on so many different medications at once and then suddenly I was able to take just one pill...and then they were able to wean me off of it.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Killed my sex drive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Lexapro kind of made me lose my mind in an annoyingly hyper/happy kind of way.

Chemical imbalance for me though, Idk if that matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM

The only issues I had with Lexapro was the sexual side effects. I had no desire to have sex & couldn't lubricate or have an orgasm. It works differently for everyone though & I was on 20 mgs a day. Try it out, give it a month & see. You might like it. I'm on Zoloft now & feel great, no side effects except for losing weight, yay.

Jodee24
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I have family members that took it and all 3 loved it. Good luck momma
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I'm hoping it works :/ this'll be my third depression/anxiety med and I'm tired of feeling like utter crap :/  she gave me half of the max dose

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. It did nothing for me. Lexa pro is depression meds on training wheels.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I'm already super irritable which leads to anger, some days faster than others 

Quoting poisonedtaco:

I used to take it. It made me really angry though.

graciemae3215
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM
It has actually worked the best for me. My OCD and panic attacks got SO much worse when I was on Prozac. Lexapro worked amazingly for me. I'm still on it. No side effects.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)