Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!! Anyone else had this happen?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Today about 6 hours ago or so, I got this terrible pain in the left part of my back that was *inside* , not a muscle at all. It was by my left shoulder blade that radiated down my arm at times (not the entire time) and felt like it went completely to the front of my body under my left breast. When I breathe in, it throbs with my pulse almost. Its not gas because its been 6 hours and it hasnt' moved. If i would breathe in deeply, it would throb fast and then resume its normal painful sensation non-stop. It went away for maybe 30 minutes when I took a shower and tried to get comfy in bed but then started back up once I started walking again and won't go away no matter what I do. i can't go anywhere tonight to get it checked out (nor do i want to go to the ER because I'm 99.9% sure it isnt' a heart attack) I will go in tomorrow if it is still present but would like to know if anyone else has experienced it or could maybe give me something to look into online since i can't sleep anyway ? LoL

No coughing either, though last night I did accidently inhale toast so I coughed then but didnt' have any pain until 24 hrs later so I am assuming they aren't related? I know i'm stupid for not going in but my pulse seems normal, no fever, no dizziness, etc.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM

BUMP!

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

You dont know if that was a heart attack. Go see a doctor asap. You can call the ER and tell them what happened and they will tell you what you need to do. Better be safe than sorry.

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Go in.
RTMJDNTARDIS
by on May. 8, 2014 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you overweight? I know that sounds insensitive. but I am overweight, and thats exactly what it feels like for me, and i go to the ER, and get the whole thing done, and find out...its heart burn! its a horrible feeling. sometimes makes it hard to breath. but heartburn feels like that for some people, especially if overweight. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you had a cold recently? It sounds like pleurisy.

Although if you inhaled toast and it made it to your lungs, an infection could be starting to brew.

Are you short of breath at all? Are you tolerating activity like usual?
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Im a retired paramedic.  If you told me that story in person id put you on a cardiac monitor, stick a couple large IVs in you and shag ass to the hospital.  Don't wait till morning. 

From heart.org  Women experiance cardiac events differently than men. 

Heart Attack Signs in Women

1. Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
  2. Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
  3. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
  4. Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
  5. As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.

If you have any of these signs, don’t wait more than five minutes before calling for help. Call 9-1-1 and get to a hospital right away. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I weigh about 130, 5'3" and am 27. I have heartburn / h.pylori issues but it never feels like this...wondering if it is chaning itself up on me to keep me on my toes. lol. Its literally only on the left side, my right side feels perfectly fine. :/ Pain is in the same spot and radiates around, sometimes going down my arm where I felt like my pinky went numb for a minute there. But it went away so I think I may have just been crossing it too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Have you had a cold recently? It sounds like pleurisy. Although if you inhaled toast and it made it to your lungs, an infection could be starting to brew. Are you short of breath at all? Are you tolerating activity like usual?

When I walk around, my heartrate goes up and it seems to throb harder with it, as does breathing in deeply. When i take a deep breath it causes the pain to really peak :(  I get short of breath when i am trying to take shallow breaths because it starts hurting to the point I'm cringing and I dont' want to make it worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Quoting JoanahLee:

Im a retired paramedic.  If you told me that story in person id put you on a cardiac monitor, stick a couple large IVs in you and shag ass to the hospital.  Don't wait till morning. 

From heart.org  Women experiance cardiac events differently than men. 

Heart Attack Signs in Women

1. Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
  2. Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
  3. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
  4. Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
  5. As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.

If you have any of these signs, don’t wait more than five minutes before calling for help. Call 9-1-1 and get to a hospital right away. 

Thats what threw me off, it isn't center of my chest. Its the left side by my scapula that feels like it literally goes straight through to under my left breast. I just didnt' want to go in and feel silly if it was nothing, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM
You need to go in and get checked out. Soon. If it were just the pain, I would suspect a minor issue, but the fact that it is affecting your heart rate and breathing is very concerning.

Go. Now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Have you had a cold recently? It sounds like pleurisy.

Although if you inhaled toast and it made it to your lungs, an infection could be starting to brew.

Are you short of breath at all? Are you tolerating activity like usual?

When I walk around, my heartrate goes up and it seems to throb harder with it, as does breathing in deeply. When i take a deep breath it causes the pain to really peak :(  I get short of breath when i am trying to take shallow breaths because it starts hurting to the point I'm cringing and I dont' want to make it worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)