Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I challenged?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I don't find many things on tv funny. I can't socialize. When people talk, I have nothing to contribute. I can't thinkof anything to say to people. Most time when people talk to me I take a bit to respond. Whether in person or through text,chat online etc. I really tried hard in college and I still failed, although they were classes like linear algebra. But if I was smart I wouldn't have failed right?

overall I think I'm slow. It takes me a while to understand and process things, such as when I read, I have to read most things twice or more.

*update* wow how come cm doesn't let me type "mentally retarded"..they changed it to "challenged"..wtf?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM
That sounds more like a learning disability than a low IQ.
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Take an IQ test. My guess would be that you have ADD, and you're socially awkward.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Have you ever been tested?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I think you sound like you don't have social skills. Not slow or the other word that CM won't let you type.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 11:51 AM
sounds to me like you have a problem with comprehension.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I highly doubt you have actual mental retardation but you could have a processing disorder or two making it harder for information to go back and forth.   My suggestion is to get evaluated by a professional to see if it is a learning disorder or something else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM
I'll look up an IQ test, in the meantime do you know where I can take a legit one. Because I've tried to in the past and they didn't seem real. But I know I have a lower IQ I'm sure. Sometimes I do some puzzle thing my husband suggests and I don't even get them.

Quoting Brandyns87:

Take an IQ test. My guess would be that you have ADD, and you're socially awkward.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM

College is difficult for even the smartest  of people. The only way you will know if you have some type of cognitive issue is if you are evaluated by a professional.

TheSilence
by Remember Me on May. 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Do you consume enough healthy calories? I know that people who don't eat enough or enough healthy foods tend to be a bit slower as their brains can't fire as quickly as needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)