Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She lost my wedding rings!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

I don't always wear my wedding bands (personal choice and reasons) and they stay in a little box on my dresser when I am not wearing them. My children are not allowed into my room without me being there, nor are they allowed to touch things. At some point my six year old went into my room, without me knowing, either last night or this morning, got my wedding rings and took them to school. They're way to big for her fingers so I know she wasn't wearing them, plus I would of probably noticed if she was. I believe she had put them in her pocket. I didn't know she had taken them until I picked her up from school this afternoon and she handed me my band. After the initial shock and yelling about her taking them to school, I asked where the other ring was. She shrugged and said "Somebody lost it, I dunno".  I am still pissed off. I called the school and emailed her teacher, letting them know to look for it but I know that it's gone. 

She's never taken something like this before but I do have problems with her. She just doesn't care about anyone's things or anybody in general. She still hasn't apologized even after having two of her prized posessoins taken from her (she didn't even blink an eye)  and has been grounded for the next 2 weeks (no playing with friends, no tv, no dessert after dinner, and she has to do extra chores for an hour when she gets home from school). No punishment phases her though. I can and do enforce punishments and she doesn't care. 

I am just furious and upset and have no idea what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwynn
by on May. 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh. I would do drill sergeant mode and take away her toys, bed down to sheet & pillow - no stuffed animals, and only one outfit with a pair of undies left in the closet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 12:16 AM
5 moms liked this
I dont normally say this but whoop her ass till she cares then take everything away until a she has is 5 pairs of pants 5shirts and underwear and a bed. Thats it. Keep her in her room and make her ask to pee, shit, and eat.

You wanna act like a criminal your gonna get treated like one and she committed a crime by stealing.
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I would take everything from her. She'd be one bored little theif.
Rebirth0112
by NikStar on May. 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Im sorry momma, I dont know what else to say so heres a bump for ya
curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 9, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Homeowners insurance

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM
That is a pretty serious offense. I agree with others that the punishment should be just as serious. Maybe try counseling? Idk but I think for a kid that young to be doing things like that, maybe some outside help would make things better. Gl
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
I agree with all of the above punishments. All of them. And sentences. Lots of sentences. Like 1500 saying "taking things that do not belong to me is stealing. Doing so makes me a thief.I will never steal anything again."
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM

How do you do that when one shares a room with their sister, without taking all of the sister's things too? They share all of their toys.

Quoting Arwynn: Oh. I would do drill sergeant mode and take away her toys, bed down to sheet & pillow - no stuffed animals, and only one outfit with a pair of undies left in the closet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 12:30 AM

She is in kindergarten, she can't write sentences. Just her name and a few words.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree with all of the above punishments. All of them. And sentences. Lots of sentences. Like 1500 saying "taking things that do not belong to me is stealing. Doing so makes me a thief.I will never steal anything again."

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 12:30 AM

DH's solution was to spank her. I don't spank but I sure felt like it today.

Quoting Anonymous: I dont normally say this but whoop her ass till she cares then take everything away until a she has is 5 pairs of pants 5shirts and underwear and a bed. Thats it. Keep her in her room and make her ask to pee, shit, and eat. You wanna act like a criminal your gonna get treated like one and she committed a crime by stealing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)