Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Game of Thrones

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So, DH convinced me to watch it and I really like it. I did not think I would. I am wondering if I should read the books. Having watched  the show I wonder if it will ruin the books? Does the show really follow the books or is ther enough of a difference to make it worth it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:12 AM
I've watched the show (although not the current season ) and read all the books. The show leaves out soooo much. The books are amazing. If you enjoy the show, I recommend reading the books. There are differences, but the show is kind of a Cliff's Notes of the books. Please be aware that many characters are younger in the books than on the show.
Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:14 AM
The first two seasons followed the book pretty closely. I definetly reccomend reading the books.
WinterIsComing
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM
This.
I love the books.

Quoting FoxFire363: I've watched the show (although not the current season ) and read all the books. The show leaves out soooo much. The books are amazing. If you enjoy the show, I recommend reading the books. There are differences, but the show is kind of a Cliff's Notes of the books. Please be aware that many characters are younger in the books than on the show.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM
I read the books first. Neither ruins the other imo.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Lol, I can tell. Valar morghulis.

Quoting WinterIsComing: This.
I love the books.

Quoting FoxFire363: I've watched the show (although not the current season ) and read all the books. The show leaves out soooo much. The books are amazing. If you enjoy the show, I recommend reading the books. There are differences, but the show is kind of a Cliff's Notes of the books. Please be aware that many characters are younger in the books than on the show.
shortychelle
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM
I just started the books a week ago, the show sticks pretty close. The biggest difference I've noticed is the ages of some of the main characters
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM

I love "Game of Thrones!" The books usually are always better than the movies themselves even though I never read the books. I would advise seeing all the seasons from the beginning. I always hated jumping into the middle of it.

Irish_Fox_Fyre
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:14 AM
I freaking Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love Game Of Thrones!!!!!!
MrsApple
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:36 AM

The books are even better than the show and so worth the read!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN