Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Give Up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just want to enjoy my daughter's infancy.  I don't want to be stuck with mastitis, blocked ducts, poor milk supply, poor latching, crying, screaming hungy baby, headaches, heartaches, sleep deprivation and breast pumps.  I spend so much time hooked to that damn pump trying to increase my supply that I think I may have forgotten that I have a husband.  It's been 4 weeks of this stress and pain.  I GIVE UP!!!!!

Giving my daughter a happy and unstressed, pain free mother who can love her much better in that state is way more important to me.  My first was formula fed because I didn't know better and she is top of her class and never sick!!

I really wanted to do this.  This is my second and last child.  It hurts so bad and I feel like a failure that we can't do this.  I just want to be me again so I can be the best mommy and wife I can be.  I feel like an exhausted, sleep deprived dairy cow.

I'm crying as I write this.  I know I'll get bashers.  FUCK you guys and your sanctimonious bullshit.  I'm posting this because I know there have got to be other mothers who have felt the way I feel right now.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:39 AM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM
5 moms liked this

IF it is this bad, then have you considered switching her to formula? I know you want to breastfeed her BUT if you are so miserable is it really worth it????

(((HUGS)))

I hope you find a solution soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:42 AM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been supplementing about 4 oz of formula and pumping the rest.  I'm tired.  She's tired.  My husband misses me.  So does my older daughter.  I'm tired of restricting my activities to adhere to a strict pumping and breastfeeding trial schedule.

I think formula might be the better option.

Quoting Sassy762:

IF it is this bad, then have you considered switching her to formula? I know you want ot breastfeed her BUT if you are so miserable is it really worth it????

(((HUGS)))

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Huge hugs mama! Have you seen a lactation consultant? I am very pro Bfing but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is a happy mom and a well fed baby! Do what you have to do and don't listen to the bashers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM

bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Well if that is what works for you and your family then do what you have to do BUT delete this post because the breastfeeding Nazi's are gonna go nuts, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been supplementing about 4 oz of formula and pumping the rest.  I'm tired.  She's tired.  My husband misses me.  So does my older daughter.  I'm tired of restricting my activities to adhere to a strict pumping and breastfeeding trial schedule.

Quoting Sassy762:

IF it is this bad, then have you considered switching her to formula? I know you want ot breastfeed her BUT if you are so miserable is it really worth it????

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

I've seen three in just four weeks.  She just doesn't like my boobs but she gobbles down the breastmilk!!  I had to supplement in the hospital with bottles and formula and I think that she just got used to the faster flow of the bottles :(  She is very impatient at my breast.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Huge hugs mama! Have you seen a lactation consultant? I am very pro Bfing but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is a happy mom and a well fed baby! Do what you have to do and don't listen to the bashers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 3:47 AM
When I had trouble breastfeeding I felt like crap too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this

They can go nuts all they want.  My heart is totally in the right place.  Maybe other moms with this problem might see this post and know that they aren't alone.  Fuck cafe sanctimommies.  Internet tough guys are often compensating for a lack of something else.

Quoting Sassy762:

Well if that is what works for you and your family then do what you have to do BUT delete this post because the breastfeeding Nazi's are gonna go nuts, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

(((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN