Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone live in Germany??? Please help...

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:11 AM
  • 47 Replies

We just moved here and into a house off base about three weeks ago and we can't figure out the trash situation. So I know what goes where, like compost goes in the brown bin, paper in the black bin and whatever else in the blue. Then there's the yellow bags for plastic. I get all that, but what I don't understand is why they are not taking our trash when the truck comes by. I live in a house that kinda looks like there's an ally way but it's not an alley. Do I need to shove the bins up so that they can't get by unless they move it? I'm just confused I guess.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lacyleanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:15 AM

bump

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Bump cause that's annoying as shit to deal with stateside, I can't imagine overseas!!
lacyleanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Thank you! And yes, it's really annoying because they pick up different bins on different days and I don't have the days down yet. Probably because they won't take my effing trash. lol

Don't get me wrong, I really love it here but it's overwhelming a little bit. And our house got TPed and shaving creamed the other day so I really need them to pick up the daggum trash. Ugh!

Quoting Ninjascreenname: Bump cause that's annoying as shit to deal with stateside, I can't imagine overseas!!

supergasper
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Not in Germany, but here in the Netherlands we can't just put our bins in front of our house.  I actually have to wheel them down a path to the next street over and cross the street with them.  They want them all on one side of the street, and a certain number of centimeters from the curb and neighboring bins.  Could it be you're not putting them in the right place?  

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:25 AM
Gross. I hate delinquents. Maybe call the FRG leader and see if they know? I would think that is something that your landlord should have told you when you signed your lease.

Totally jealous you're in Germany. I would imagine it's beautiful!!!

Quoting lacyleanne:

Thank you! And yes, it's really annoying because they pick up different bins on different days and I don't have the days down yet. Probably because they won't take my effing trash. lol

Don't get me wrong, I really love it here but it's overwhelming a little bit. And our house got TPed and shaving creamed the other day so I really need them to pick up the daggum trash. Ugh!

Quoting Ninjascreenname: Bump cause that's annoying as shit to deal with stateside, I can't imagine overseas!!

lacyleanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:27 AM

That's a good possibility. I see some houses take their bins to the big street, but they don't have the little alley way. I haven't noticed anyone else on my street doing that but I think I'm gonna try that. I might have to ask my landlord but I hate bothering them because everytime we ask them something they have to bring their translator. I just hate being a bother all the time.

Quoting supergasper:

Not in Germany, but here in the Netherlands we can't just put our bins in front of our house.  I actually have to wheel them down a path to the next street over and cross the street with them.  They want them all on one side of the street, and a certain number of centimeters from the curb and neighboring bins.  Could it be you're not putting them in the right place?  

jb0520
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM
This, good luck

lacyleanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM

My husband asked his supervisor but he was really no help. I think I'm just gonna have to break down and ask the land lord. It's just that they don't speak english so everytime we call them they have to set a day and time and bring their translator. I hate being a bother all the time. lol

But yes, it's soooo beautifull here. Where we live, there are trails everywhere and a castle about half a mile away.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: Gross. I hate delinquents. Maybe call the FRG leader and see if they know? I would think that is something that your landlord should have told you when you signed your lease. Totally jealous you're in Germany. I would imagine it's beautiful!!!
Quoting lacyleanne:

lacyleanne
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Thank you!

Quoting jb0520: This, good luck

supergasper
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hope you get it figured out.  That would be so annoying, especially if the bin was full.  They should at least leave a note or something.  Maybe you could call the city?  There should be someone who speaks English who could answer your question.

Quoting lacyleanne:

That's a good possibility. I see some houses take their bins to the big street, but they don't have the little alley way. I haven't noticed anyone else on my street doing that but I think I'm gonna try that. I might have to ask my landlord but I hate bothering them because everytime we ask them something they have to bring their translator. I just hate being a bother all the time.

Quoting supergasper:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)