Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

printer help!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Ah! My printer won't work at all! I have to print up about 40 pages today, I started an hour and a half ago and have been fighting with this stupid printer since!! I've unplugged it and plugged it back in from the wall and computer, tried a different computer, ran the program to detect issues and it says the printer isn't connected. I have things in the que waiting but can not get it to print at all or recognize the connection to the computer I was supposed to be done with this by now cause I have to get the kids up in 30 minutes and won't have time to do anything later!!! (Field trip today and have to pick up the babies after its over run back to school to pick up my oldest then run and pick up my sisters)

Anyone have any idea what the problem may be and how to fix it?!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM
Bump
zachsmom19
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Is it wireless or wired.
zachsmom19
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM
Wire I mine lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM
No wireless option for it.

Quoting zachsmom19: Is it wireless or wired.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:55 AM

is it installed on your computer - can you test print

is the printer turned ON

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Yup, its installed on both computer I just printed with it two days ago :(
Printer is on.
I've even turning it off and back on as well as restarting the computer itself... I ran print and scan doctor and its saying its not even connected >.<

Quoting Foolynroo2:

is the printer turned ON

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:58 AM

did you check to make sure the cables were connected and tight?

both computers? so it's networked? are you on the network? is the main network computer on?

Quoting Anonymous: Yup, its installed on both computer I just printed with it two days ago :( Printer is on. I've even turning it off and back on as well as restarting the computer itself... I ran print and scan doctor and its saying its not even connected >.<
Quoting Foolynroo2:

is the printer turned ON

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 6:02 AM
Yup they're all in right and I've unplugged and plugged it all back in to make sure as well as to reset.
Desktop and laptop, both of which run from the same wireless.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

both computers? so it's networked? are you on the network? is the main network computer on?

Quoting Anonymous: Yup, its installed on both computer I just printed with it two days ago :(
Printer is on.
I've even turning it off and back on as well as restarting the computer itself... I ran print and scan doctor and its saying its not even connected >.<

Quoting Foolynroo2:

is the printer turned ON

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Im out of ideas for you.

you've gone through the control panel and it says the printer is installed and connected? and you print  atest page through there and it doesn't come out? did you follow the trouble shooting tips through windows?

Quoting Anonymous: Yup they're all in right and I've unplugged and plugged it all back in to make sure as well as to reset. Desktop and laptop, both of which run from the same wireless.
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Quoting Anonymous: Yup, its installed on both computer I just printed with it two days ago :( Printer is on. I've even turning it off and back on as well as restarting the computer itself... I ran print and scan doctor and its saying its not even connected >.<
Quoting Foolynroo2:

is the printer turned ON

Adrianne122005
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer on your laptop?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)