Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dizzy/sick lack of sleep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
ILast night I wasn't able to fall asleep, if I'm not asleep before a certain time I sleep through my alarms so once I hit that time I said forget it and decided to just stay awake... Well horrible idea, I've done it before with no issues but right now all I want to do is lay down, I know I'd fall asleep though.
I feel kind of light headed and "sick" I guess sick isn't exactly the word for it... Like that feeling you get before you start getting sick where you just don't feel right? :/ any suggestions on how to make it better besides sleeping since that's not an option since we have to be out the door in an hour?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:14 AM

coffeee, and that feeling will go away.

I just dont understand the sleeping through your alarm. you're that hard of a sleeper that yo dont hear an alarm?

doesn't that frighten you?

Adrianne122005
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Do a few minutes of deep breathing. Splash the coldest water you can on your face to stimulate your nervous system. Take a multivitamin if you have one. Do a set of jumping jacks and stretch your shins to get your blood flowing.

How long until you can sleep in the future?
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Lots of coffee and water. Couldn't you have gone to sleep, set the alarm, and then have someone else wake you?

Maybe you need an alarm that is a different tone that you would hear? Or something that vibrates under you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 6:18 AM
If Im not asleep 5 hours or longer before my alarms go off I sleep through them... Not sure why just how I've always been.
Why would it frighten me??

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I just dont understand the sleeping through your alarm. you're that hard of a sleeper that yo dont hear an alarm?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM
I jumped in a cold shower a little bit ago but it didn't do anything besides make me mad (I'm one of those long hot shower lovers) lol. Probably 8:30 tonight the earliest assuming I can get the littlest one down on time tonight.

Quoting Adrianne122005: Do a few minutes of deep breathing. Splash the coldest water you can on your face to stimulate your nervous system. Take a multivitamin if you have one. Do a set of jumping jacks and stretch your shins to get your blood flowing.

How long until you can sleep in the future?
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM

what if it were a fire alarm, or someone hurt?

I can't imagine ever being in a state of sleep where Im unable to wake up out of it.

So every night before you hit your 5th hour of sleep - there is no waking you?

Quoting Anonymous: If Im not asleep 5 hours or longer before my alarms go off I sleep through them... Not sure why just how I've always been. Why would it frighten me??
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM
There's no one else to wake me. My kids all sleep in their rooms upstairs and I wouldn't rely on them to get me up they're too young to be responsible for that. I have different tones set and sleep through all of them :( I've always been this way if I'm not asleep 5+ hours before my alarm goes off I'll sleep through it completely, ive some how managed to sleep through 7 different alarms that went off over the span of 40 or so minutes.

Quoting Snakecharm: Lots of coffee and water. Couldn't you have gone to sleep, set the alarm, and then have someone else wake you?

Maybe you need an alarm that is a different tone that you would hear? Or something that vibrates under you?
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM
Holy moly wow. Yeah, that's a deep sleeper. I'd worry about not hearing fire alarms.... Would it help to have one that spoke instead of buzz or played music?

Quoting Anonymous: There's no one else to wake me. My kids all sleep in their rooms upstairs and I wouldn't rely on them to get me up they're too young to be responsible for that. I have different tones set and sleep through all of them :( I've always been this way if I'm not asleep 5+ hours before my alarm goes off I'll sleep through it completely, ive some how managed to sleep through 7 different alarms that went off over the span of 40 or so minutes.

Quoting Snakecharm: Lots of coffee and water. Couldn't you have gone to sleep, set the alarm, and then have someone else wake you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM
I hear the kids no problem and wake up if I hear any of them, ive heard the security alarm go off (dh forgot it was on and opened the door) but alarm clocks or alarms on my phone or tablet or any of dhs don't wake me if I'm not asleep early enough, even when I am it can take 2-3 times for me to hear it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I can't imagine ever being in a state of sleep where Im unable to wake up out of it.

Quoting Anonymous: If Im not asleep 5 hours or longer before my alarms go off I sleep through them... Not sure why just how I've always been.
Why would it frighten me??

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Oh so its just your own mental block.

You need to train that out of you!

Good luck, feel better.

Quoting Anonymous: I hear the kids no problem and wake up if I hear any of them, ive heard the security alarm go off (dh forgot it was on and opened the door) but alarm clocks or alarms on my phone or tablet or any of dhs don't wake me if I'm not asleep early enough, even when I am it can take 2-3 times for me to hear it
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Quoting Anonymous: If Im not asleep 5 hours or longer before my alarms go off I sleep through them... Not sure why just how I've always been. Why would it frighten me??
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN