Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you scared to die?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I'm scared to die and leave me kids behind my son is 4 and he asked me why do people die mom I don't want you to die :( and we both started crying

*my sons grand father just died that's why he was talking about this
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Before kids-NO but after kids-YES
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Tell him it's not to be scared of because most people's life expectancy is like 70-80 years. Why is he worried about you dying when he's only 4? My kids never had that worry. Also its important to not feed into his fears because it will create anxiety where there doesn't need to be any. I would simply have said that yes, people do die, but it's nothing to worry about because most people live for a long time.
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM

No, I'm generally excited. I can't wait to see what happens when we die, if anything.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm scared of many aspects of death.  I'm afraid of what I might experience on the way out.  Will it hurt?  Will I know what's happening?  I'm afraid for my family and how they would cope.

But death itself, I'm not afraid of.  Once it's done, it's done.  I believe in Heaven, and I believe I'm on a path to get there.  But even if there is no Heaven, I don't believe I'll care once it is over.  I'll either cease to exist, or I'll be on a new level of existence and having to move on and explore it.

almburr
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I'm not of afraid to die. More afraid how I'd die. I know my kids would be well taken by dh their father.
IAMmomtotrips
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
My DH was killed a month ago, and so right now, I would give anything to be with him, but I'm the only parent my girls have left, so I'll wait as long as I can!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

No, not in the slightest. I used to be when I was younger but I'm now very calm about it all. No one makes it out of here alive anyway, death is just a part of life.

LectioDivina
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM

(((((hugs)))))

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My DH was killed a month ago, and so right now, I would give anything to be with him, but I'm the only parent my girls have left, so I'll wait as long as I can!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Kinda. As a Christian I know my soul will rest in heaven. I will be without this defected body and will no longer suffer due to pain. That said, for me, it is hard to grasp once you die then you are gone forevvvvvvvvvver from this world! Even though I believe heaven will be a new earth but free of defects including sin. Kinda like the Garden of Eden before Adam & Eve sinned. A perfect earth :) We will see our loved ones that have passed on and went to heaven. But.... The flesh in me does not want to die. I prefer Jesus coming back so my son and family will go with me. Otherwise, I am scared to leave my son :( I think about death a lot bc of my health and undergoing a few upcoming surgeries, I often stress about not making it. My son means the world to me! He would be devastated and I would be devastated if he passed :(
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Nope. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)