Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He took a nap so we left

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
We stayed at my sm's last nite(see my post sleeping arrangements for tonite) and buried sm's mom this morning at 10am.

Well we get back my dad gives sm some money to take us shopping I had my own money so I bought dd an outfit. We get back and he's sitting there and asks if I got her anything I pulled out the out fit and showed him.

He asks if I got myself anything(like I can fit anything right now smh I'm 8 mos pregnant).

I sit down and fall asleep the purpose of our visit there was to spend time with my dad and to go attend grandma's funeral.

Well my dad and his gf went in the room and closed the door leaving my 12 year old baby sister awake with us.

Mind you we both need a bath so I decided that we were going home. I didn't ask him for anything or tell him we were leaving. Plus the house was getting hot again and I wasn't about to have my 4 year old as well as myself suffering.

I just wanted to spend time with my dad it isn't like I see him every day.

Were we wrong to leave? In my defense We would have been stuck there until Monday morning if we hadnt've left because we wouldnt've had a ride home.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sara-1989
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM
So you fell asleep, they left, and you're offended they left?
jabs54
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM

The title says HE took a nap but you say YOU feel asleep. If you fell asleep first I don't blame him for also taking a nap.  (If I understand this correctly)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
No they took a nap so me and dd left......we needed to come home today anyway to take baths and change clothes or we would have been stuck sleeping in an ant infested room until Monday morning. I would have taken a pic of the room but it was too embarrassing.

Hoarders is what comes to mind when I see that room.

On top of it it was too hot and to have dd suffering like that as well as myself I didn't want to spend another night there drenched in my own sweat......would you?

Quoting Sara-1989: So you fell asleep, they left, and you're offended they left?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Yes I did did you read the part where I said I'm 8 months pregnant? I was tired from walking through a clothing store for almost an hr with my four year old.

Quoting jabs54:

The title says HE took a nap but you say YOU feel asleep. If you fell asleep first I don't blame him for also taking a nap.  (If I understand this correctly)

Adrianne122005
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM
He's probably just trying to be there for his mourning wife. I wouldn't push the subject. Funerals are always hard and people just need to give everyone an extra foot of space for screwing up. Try to make plans with them more in the future if you want to see your dad. But right now his wife needs his attention and support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM
He doesn't live here anymore when he does come home to visit he drinks like a fish. kinda hard to spend time with someone who drinks and wants to argue.

I know funerals are hard been to plenty of them. The woman lived a full life she was 89 years old. Sm is going to lose the house she grew up in because she can't afford it.

There is a lot going on right now that I just can't wrap my head around. I feel sorry for my baby sister mostly.

Quoting Adrianne122005: He's probably just trying to be there for his mourning wife. I wouldn't push the subject. Funerals are always hard and people just need to give everyone an extra foot of space for screwing up. Try to make plans with them more in the future if you want to see your dad. But right now his wife needs his attention and support.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)