Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom in Law ruins everything! Mother's Day*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 219 Replies
1 mom liked this

So mother's day is Sunday.

My kids have been working very hard at putting on a very special program at church for Mother's Day.

We cant go because my husband insists on Spending the entire weekend at his parents house two hours away for Mother's Day. We'll be cooking, cleaning and pampering her for the weekend. I suggested going on Saturday and leaving Saturday Night. My husband wants to spend the entire weekend at their house.

This is our first Mother's Day as a married couple. My two Children arent his bio children.

I am sad that I cant see the Mother's day program on Sunday. My children are sad they cant be ion the play too. I also know that my husband doesnt plan on doing anything for me for mothers day because "I'm not his mother".

Am I wrong for not wanting to spend Mother's Day at his parents house. I mean I'm a mom too...what about me?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on May. 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
31 moms liked this

I would tell him to go by himself smh.

Big sister to be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this

fuck your dh go see your kids

Chibee
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM
49 moms liked this

tell him HE can go to his mothers because, like he said to you, SHE isn't YOUR mother either....

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM
9 moms liked this
Mama's boy needs to cut the cord. After marriage,wife comes first. Put your foot down and just don't go. Oh, and get some marriage counseling for his attachment issues.
tansyflower
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Let him go and stay home. There, problem solved!
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I would watch my kids.
My DH doesn't get me anything for Mother's Day either, I'm his wife not his mom. I do however go to a spa for a long weekend with the girls or by myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

if this is your 1st mothers day as a married couple and this is how it goes,sorry but i dont have a lot of hope for your marriage..you may not be his mother but you are a mother and you are his wife.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Id tell him mothers day is about you spending the day with your kids how you want. If je wants to go cater to his mom fine, but tell him you will be going to see your kids preform on sunday
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't go. My kids are more important than his mother. Tell him to go by himself. Take your kids out for a nice mother's day brunch. Then go to the play.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

let him go alone

take the kids to the play. Its YOUR day too!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)