Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bad babysitter!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

Ok so my husbands cousin who has two older children (12 and 9 I believe) has been begging me to let her babysit for a couple hours she says she misses having a baby around. So after talking it over with my husband we decided one day that I have an appointment and some errands to run she can watch him duringt hat time. She was ecstatic I brought plenty of diapers,wipes, formula, change of clothes, the car seat base incase she had to go somewhere in an emergency, and even brought the portable bassinet I have for him so he can sleep in it when he sleeps. I covered all the bases. Well I dropped him off at 11 and told her I would be back around 3. She said that sounded great and she was so excited for a baby to be around again (she's in the process of trying to convince her husband to have another child) so I get back and ask how he was. She said he was great but he leaked through his diaper and clothes at about 12:30. I said ok and we went in the other room where she said he was sleeping. And he was but he was still in the same clothes he was in when he got there and I picked him up and he was soaking wet and stunk. I asked if she changed his diaper at all and she said no... NO?? What do you mean NO? You mean to tell me my child has been sitting in a nasty diaper and clothes that he leaked through all afternoon? I asked why she didn't change his diaper or the clothes that are soaked and she said "it's not that bad" are you kidding me? He had poop clear up his back and had to have peed 5 or more times. I asked her if she fed him and she said yes he just at 2.... I asked her how she held him and still didn't want to change him since he leaked through at 12:30 she then tells me it's not that big of a deal.... 

Well I cleaned him up and told her she will never be watching my child again and I hope she understands why. My husband is so furious it's not even funny.... How does someone be that awful to a baby especially on I who isn't theirs! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I think you're exaggerating.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, she shouldn't care for anyone's baby. Ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Ok think what you want.

Quoting Anonymous: I think you're exaggerating.

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Sounds just like someone I know. But with their own child.

Big sister to be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Ur child peed 5 times in 4 hours??
chamamahaha
by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Thats weird she wouldnt be holding him if the diaper was leaking shin-n-piss n just say its not that bad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM
And she doesn't need a their child!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Yeah, she shouldn't care for anyone's baby. Ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I don't know exactly how many times he peed but he is only 7 weeks old. And sometimes yes he has peed more than once an hour.

Quoting Anonymous: Ur child peed 5 times in 4 hours??
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

And she wonders why her dh doesn't want another child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I know right. I don't even know if she honestly fed him. One of the bottles were empty but that doesn't necessarily mean she fed him.

Quoting chamamahaha: Thats weird she wouldnt be holding him if the diaper was leaking shin-n-piss n just say its not that bad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)