Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe he is doing this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Dropping all of the plans we had made for Mother's day weekend. My H just called me to tell me that there was going to be a bbq for his father's birthday. I said great, when? and then he says tomorrow. We had already made plans with his mother tomorrow and I was going to be able to get some me time (meditation, maybe a massage) Now, he wants to drop all of that to go to this celebration. I wouldn't normally be upset but considering the above circumstances, yes I am upset. Wouldn't you be?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
We canceled all our plans because his Mother got us all sick! I say you and his Mom go and gave a day of pampering!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Mother's Day is 1 day. Not a weekend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We're doing stuff with my mother tomorrow, and SO's mother on Tuesday. Not everyone's schedule fits with the day of the actually holiday.

Quoting Anonymous: Mother's Day is 1 day. Not a weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM

No, I wouldn't, but that's because my husband is amazing to me 365 days/year. I don't need to harp on a single day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM
But that's not what your post says.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're doing stuff with my mother tomorrow, and SO's mother on Tuesday. Not everyone's schedule fits with the day of the actually holiday.

Quoting Anonymous: Mother's Day is 1 day. Not a weekend.

babie113
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Its his dads birthday .and mothersday is sunday .I think your being silly
iLove723_814
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM

My dh is working mothers days so we had things planned for tomorrow like breakfast in bed and him taking the kids all day and now it will be spent getting up early and taking his brother and sil to some stupid flea market and then his mother planned a birthday party for tomorrow knowing we had plans WTF. so I know the feeling :) 

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM
No. But I'm very flexible with plans.
sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I'd just find a way to make it all work. Is everything supposed to be happening at the same times or something? 

SithMom71
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM
So let him take the kids to his dad's, you do shit with your mom and meet him later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)