Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? that's my present?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just kidding. Wondering who gets picky about presents you get? I am happy sleeping in on mother's day but was excited to get some books that just came out in series I love (even though I have to wait a month for the Stephanie Plum). I am one that could care less about presents but wondered who has to get nice items.

Update!
I love reading how excited you ladies get with handmade cards and little extras! I still have babies but it's so awesome hearing how excited you guys get with little tokens of love.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I have no idea what I'm getting. I asked for a half gallon mason jar. I couldn't think of anything else. I would just love to hang out or maybe hit the beach. Low key and relaxing.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 9, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm a gymrat so all my gifts suit me well. I love them all. Got my gifts early
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I know, she is the best! I will be a little heartbroken when the year comes that she doesnt do that anymore. But she is very thoughtful, so maybe she will do it forever.

Quoting mary716: Lol how cute!!
Quoting thenameshailie: My dd has brought me breakfast in bed on her own since the was three. Last year it was an orange, fruit snacks, and a capri sun in a frying pan lol. I really look forward to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to be left alone to read my book. I want to not go see mil, i don't want to keep reminding her i am not her child.
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I got an Orchid. Its very pretty, but i only expect it to survive about 3 weeks with me. I have a black thumb...lol. Im going to try my very best to keep it alive though, if I kill it Im gonna feel horrible :(

skylosmommy2012
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Well dh isn't getting me anything so my mom bought me an hp tablet :)
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I would rather get pampering than a gift. I'm not picky, although if it was ever obvious that no thought went into gift, it would hurt my feelings. I can't remember that ever happening, but I know it does happen to some. 

Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Omg stooooop thats too adorable

Quoting thenameshailie: My dd has brought me breakfast in bed on her own since the was three. Last year it was an orange, fruit snacks, and a capri sun in a frying pan lol. I really look forward to it.
ARACMOM
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I didn't even want a present. He forced me. I got some baby chicks and a chicken coop.
NewDayMommy
by on May. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I like the effort of added attention. Like a homemade card, breakfast in bed... Something their dad encourages and helps with. But having a big expensive present is not a requirement of mine at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN