Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? that's my present?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just kidding. Wondering who gets picky about presents you get? I am happy sleeping in on mother's day but was excited to get some books that just came out in series I love (even though I have to wait a month for the Stephanie Plum). I am one that could care less about presents but wondered who has to get nice items.

Update!
I love reading how excited you ladies get with handmade cards and little extras! I still have babies but it's so awesome hearing how excited you guys get with little tokens of love.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Replies (141-149):
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I will. Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous: Enjoy theday! That sounds perfect
Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

My dh has spent all day smoking a shoulder roast and twe slabs of ribs, my dd made me a big card and recycled one of her necklaces and gave it to me. My ds made me he sweetest little card.. So, my day has been perfect. I do not need diamons, go out to hoity toity dinners or need a shopping spree.. Our money is better spent on the kids. So, today I rest.. Then to top it off, have some much needed adult time tonight... Yeah baby..lol

skymama10
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I got a sweet flower pin from my dd and my mom and sil got me Starbucks!
dockyswifey
by on May. 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Homemade* ugh! I hate not catching my mistakes!

But yes that it does! I love him and it was the funniest card from him yet!

Quoting Anonymous: That deserves extra legos!

Quoting dockyswifey:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Picture & hand painted frame and home card from DS.

And flower and veggie seeding from DD.

And an azalea bush from the both of them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Hasn't yet. But I hope your day has been a great Mother's day :)

Quoting Anonymous: Poor mom. I'm sorry that sounds like a really horrible day. I hope it gets better somewhat.

Quoting Anonymous: I just asked to have breakfast made so that I didn't have to do it, and some help getting the girls ready for the day. Dh waited for me to get them Up, I had to make breakfast for him, i got their baths and all of that...and they are off to lunch with mil and I am here finishing the projects for our moms and getting ready, so I can meet up with them after lunch. oh, and i was yelled at for being selfish because I was not ready on time. Happy Mother's day, indeed.
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I went in last week to my son's class and helped them make their gifts. They all made thumbprint necklaces. I love mine. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on May. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I got to sleep, eventhough it was a late night last night. Then we went out to eat for dinner, just a bit ago. That was enough of a present for me. I don't need a trillions dollars spent on me to have a wonderful Mother's Day. Maybe we'll take the old car out for a spin, if we feel up for it. :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

LEOWifePlus6
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I got lots of homemade gifts, best day ever!!  Glad you enjoyed your day too!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Off and on. I have been making mention of my unhappiness about it all day, he won't admit he dropped the ball. He did the same thing at my birthday last year. Told me he didn't forget, I didn't tell him what to do, so he did nothing. Got mad at me. Then did really well on our anniversary and valentines day. Idk. Maybe I am being over emotional being so upset about it...

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks, my dh dropped the ball last year and it was a 180 change this year. Right now I'm relaxing while him and ds are with the in-laws. Does he do this type of crap all the time?

Quoting Anonymous: Hasn't yet. But I hope your day has been a great Mother's day :)

Quoting Anonymous: Poor mom. I'm sorry that sounds like a really horrible day. I hope it gets better somewhat.

Quoting Anonymous: I just asked to have breakfast made so that I didn't have to do it, and some help getting the girls ready for the day. Dh waited for me to get them Up, I had to make breakfast for him, i got their baths and all of that...and they are off to lunch with mil and I am here finishing the projects for our moms and getting ready, so I can meet up with them after lunch. oh, and i was yelled at for being selfish because I was not ready on time. Happy Mother's day, indeed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM
It's hard. Some people think mother's day and Valentine's day are just hallmark holidays but sometimes it's the little things that make a difference. Birthday and anniversary I make a bigger deal out of. Hopefully today goes better and you can put yesterday behind you.

Quoting Anonymous: Off and on. I have been making mention of my unhappiness about it all day, he won't admit he dropped the ball. He did the same thing at my birthday last year. Told me he didn't forget, I didn't tell him what to do, so he did nothing. Got mad at me. Then did really well on our anniversary and valentines day. Idk. Maybe I am being over emotional being so upset about it...

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks, my dh dropped the ball last year and it was a 180 change this year. Right now I'm relaxing while him and ds are with the in-laws. Does he do this type of crap all the time?

Quoting Anonymous: Hasn't yet. But I hope your day has been a great Mother's day :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN