Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? that's my present?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just kidding. Wondering who gets picky about presents you get? I am happy sleeping in on mother's day but was excited to get some books that just came out in series I love (even though I have to wait a month for the Stephanie Plum). I am one that could care less about presents but wondered who has to get nice items.

Update!
I love reading how excited you ladies get with handmade cards and little extras! I still have babies but it's so awesome hearing how excited you guys get with little tokens of love.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I physically took my husband to a store and showed him what I want for Mother's Day and have reminded him at least 3 times. I will not be angry if he doesn't get it, but I admit I will be a little disappointed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Stephanie plum is on the loose again? I LOVE J EVANOVICH!!! When I found that series I read 17 books in 1 month. I hope Ranger is who she ends up with because I love that bad man (I envision more of The Rock when I think of him). Yum!
BabyPink07
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I will probably get rainbow loom bracelets :) it's what I got for my bday too.
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I've never received a gift so I was thrilled that I got anything this year! Like I almost cried I was that happy lol. I already get to sleep in because our kids sleep in as well (they're older) :-) I don't even want anything else this year, just to have a happy quiet day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I would be surprised if I get anything. It's double sad because it's also our anniversary. He is getting a new car and I am saying that's his present.
shell3m
by Shell on May. 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I get nothing....but at least my kids love me and will be home with me...so its all good! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM
When I was thinking of the movie I was so shocked he wasn't played by the Rock. Of course no-one in my head was who they picked/afforded.

Quoting Anonymous: Stephanie plum is on the loose again? I LOVE J EVANOVICH!!! When I found that series I read 17 books in 1 month. I hope Ranger is who she ends up with because I love that bad man (I envision more of The Rock when I think of him). Yum!
poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Dh asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I said my new dishwasher to arrive. I don't want, need or expect any special presents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 9, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Lol I was expecting nothing but today my dh came home with 3 roses and donuts I thought that was pretty perfect :)
chicagoliz
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I'm not expecting anything.  I'm actually more preoccupied getting something nice for my mom and MIL.  They'll both be here and everyone is going out to brunch, so that will be nice.  We used to do the exact same thing before we had kids -- I almost think of mother's day more in terms of my mother than me.  

DH isn't super romantic or sweet.  He's not going to do anything for me.  My kids are too young generally to do anything -- I'm sure my 9 year old will make me a card or something, and I'll be happy with that.  No one believes in leaving me alone or letting me sleep in.  

So, I can't be picky when I'm not even expecting anything.  If I get something that's a bonus.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN