Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

considering turning down a job promotion. WDYT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I work fast food. I make min wage (7.25) an hour. I was offered a shift manager position...but its only a dollar more an hour, and has ALOT more responsibility. No benefits, and my schedule right now is perfect i work m-f 5am to 11 am (dh works nights so we have no child care costs) by taking this position my schedule would change to a mix of days and nights and also at least a saturday or sunday which means we would certainly incur child care costs. I wouldn't see a dramatic increase in hours either. Company policy allows a max.of 32 hours a week for any employee except the GM. Im already working.between 27 and 30.....wdyt
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Nope not worth it

aiyess
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I wouldn't do it. It would cost you more unless you are looking to make it high up in company like a district manager.
KikiB85
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Stay where your at if it works for you. Doesn't seem worth the extra 25-30 bucks a week if you will need to pay a sitter.
Kristen.Marie
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Not worth it at all!
elzmnsf
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:00 PM

No, I don't think you'll even wind up with a few extra bucks after child care costs. In this situation I would stay put in my position with the perfect schedule.

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Take the job, its 120 more dollars a month, and it puts you into a managerial position, that you can take elsewhere in a year or two, to show that you have what it takes, and the next place may pay you what a manager should.

Everything is working up in the world. If you're happy working fast food for the rest of your life, then don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Thats what i think too but im worried it could impact future promotions or even future jobs. Like if they find out i turned it down they may.not want to hire me

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope not worth it

rebeccarae
by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I wouldn't do it. Not worth it.
Special_S4487
by on May. 9, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I would do it just for the resume benefits. That will look great for a position down the road.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM

HELL NO! not for a dollar more. it isn't worth the bigger headache!!! anytime that you go into managment- it means more work- you are the first one that call when someone is out, and you can't leave on time either. i would ask for more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)