Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

welp, there goes my best friend....edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies
3 moms liked this

She got all pissed off about a meme basically saying fast food work is not $15/hour job. Well, she works at McDonald's. Due to years and years of bad choices, she has gotten herself into a shitty situation. 4 kids, 3 fathers and not a single one of them is in the picture. Not even child support. Married a felon because that's the best she could snag. Can't go to college because she's in debt to a for profit college that she dropped out of. shifty car, shitty house, everything.

Well, she complained about how she doesn't even get $400 in her checks biweekly. And how she busts ass and "deserves" more. So I had to tell her: your personal situation does not dictate your pay, your position does. Maybe you ought to stick to a job and move up or take your skills and start finding better jobs. Waitressing is a good example. receptionist. Bank teller. Delivery driver. There are plenty of jobs her skills transfer to. Anyway, apparently we aret friends anymore...

But shit, taking orders and flipping burgers is not a $15/hour job. Someone needed to tell her.

ETA

and just so we are clear, my response wasn't unwarranted.  she cited military pay.  I had to remind her that all of the hours we work divides out to $4-5 and hour.  she cited DHs retirement "not everyone can be so lucky....".  he was retired after 6 years because they destroyed his spine.  he has a cane and will be in a wheelchair soon.... he is 25.  i wouldn't call that lucky.... you know, just a bunch of lowblows from her.  

FYI:  everything i have said has come from HER mouth.  i don't think poorly for her, i want better for her.  you can say what you will, but it doesn't change the facts...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM
20 moms liked this
I believe everyone deserves to make a living wage. $7.35 an hour is not a living wage. How long should she be punished for past mistakes? How long should her kids be punished for mistakes they didn't make? SOMEBODY has to flip those burgers and put up with shitty customers and people such as yourself. They should get paid a living wage to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this

You weren't much of a friend, she'll be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Minimum wage should be raised, don't get me wrong.... I'm just saying that 15 and hour is too much for a job that requires very little.

Also, her position is the RESULT of her poor choices, NOT a punishment lol. That's what happens

Quoting Anonymous: I believe everyone deserves to make a living wage. $7.35 an hour is not a living wage. How long should she be punished for past mistakes? How long should her kids be punished for mistakes they didn't make? SOMEBODY has to flip those burgers and put up with shitty customers and people such as yourself. They should get paid a living wage to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM
We were friends for 10 years lol. I eve helped pay her bills a few months back so, come again?.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Everyone has the opportunity to make a living wage, if they do what it takes to make it happen.

People who need a little extra cash, teenagers who want spending money, people without kids who are just entering the workforce, etc. can flip burgers. If you don't want to do that, do what it takes to make your situation different.

Quoting Anonymous: I believe everyone deserves to make a living wage. $7.35 an hour is not a living wage. How long should she be punished for past mistakes? How long should her kids be punished for mistakes they didn't make? SOMEBODY has to flip those burgers and put up with shitty customers and people such as yourself. They should get paid a living wage to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Making her your charity case does not make you a friend. You have no respect for her.

Quoting Anonymous: We were friends for 10 years lol. I eve helped pay her bills a few months back so, come again?.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Is she not working full time ? I work PT walmart and make over 400 every 2 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:16 PM
5 moms liked this
It's not always that easy when flipping burgers is the only job available. But if someone used unemployment and PA to go to school to get a better career, you'd probably have issues with that too. Some people just can't win no matter what they do.

I'm so glad I have more compassion for people than that. I understand that not everyone has the opportunity to hit college right out of high school and land a great job. I understand that sometimes people fuck up. But no one should be forced to live on pennies when they work just as hard if not harder than some schmuck at a desk.

Quoting Anonymous: Everyone has the opportunity to make a living wage, if they do what it takes to make it happen.

People who need a little extra cash, teenagers who want spending money, people without kids who are just entering the workforce, etc. can flip burgers. If you don't want to do that, do what it takes to make your situation different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Right? I made her similar choices but decided I wanted a better life. So I joined the military, went to college and opened a biz. She jumped from relationship to relationship (each a worse guy than the prior), and dead end job to dead end jobjob. I WORKED my way up and it wasn't easy. I went without sleep for days and day but I made it and I'm comfortable now. She could have tried harder, but didn't. Why should she make almost as much as me before I hired enployees?

Quoting Anonymous: Everyone has the opportunity to make a living wage, if they do what it takes to make it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Okay then, moving on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Making her your charity case does not make you a friend. You have no respect for her.

Quoting Anonymous: We were friends for 10 years lol. I eve helped pay her bills a few months back so, come again?.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)