Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kindle Fire HD Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
If you or someone you know has one, does it take all day to charge?

I think we received either a bad charger or kindle. The original charger broke within 2 weeks and we've had 2 others break since then (about 5 months). That coupled with it taking all day to barely charge to 70% I'm curious now.

This sounds so stupid, but should I complain? I figured perhaps we were being "rough" with it so I've been extra cautious with this last charger and yesterday it broke as I was taking it out.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i bought the 25 dollar speed charger, and it charges in like an hour, I've had it since dec 2012

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Where did you get it? What brand?

I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

i bought the 25 dollar speed charger, and it charges in like an hour, I've had it since dec 2012

SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Eventually, after complaining, if it's under warranty, they'll let you send it back for a new one. But if there are signs of physical or liquid damage once it's received, you'll owe a major fee.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

The new HD that was released last October, or the first generation?

I have one of the newer ones and as long as it's off, it charges pretty quickly to me.  If it's near 10% it takes maybe 90 minutes to reach 100%.  It sounds to me like you got a lemon. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWO5WK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works on all our phones too (android).

I can read on and off and surf all day just about on my kindle.

try lowering the brightness of the screen that helps a lot.

Quoting Anonymous: Where did you get it? What brand? I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Yes, the newest one. I thought it took a really long time. It isn't mine, but when it's been charging for an hour and only at 18% I think something is wrong.

Quoting Ginger0104:

The new HD that was released last October, or the first generation?

I have one of the newer ones and as long as it's off, it charges pretty quickly to me.  If it's near 10% it takes maybe 90 minutes to reach 100%.  It sounds to me like you got a lemon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Oh good idea. I forgot about the brightness. I keep mine on the lowest setting.

Thank you!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWO5WK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works on all our phones too (android).

I can read on and off and surf all day just about on my kindle.

try lowering the brightness of the screen that helps a lot.

Quoting Anonymous: Where did you get it? What brand?

I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

sunsetchick34
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We had issues with the charger n we called , they were nice n replaced it. We bought ours thru amazon. The new one takes about an hour. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Thank you. I think for now I will try the rapid charge one and if that doesn't work, I'll know it's a dud kindle and tell them.

Quoting sunsetchick34: We had issues with the charger n we called , they were nice n replaced it. We bought ours thru amazon. The new one takes about an hour. Hope that helps.
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I use the rapid charge and a kindle usb cord. Both Amazon certified kindle products. It makes less then an hour if I'm not using it and turn Wi-Fi off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)