Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kindle Fire HD Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
If you or someone you know has one, does it take all day to charge?

I think we received either a bad charger or kindle. The original charger broke within 2 weeks and we've had 2 others break since then (about 5 months). That coupled with it taking all day to barely charge to 70% I'm curious now.

This sounds so stupid, but should I complain? I figured perhaps we were being "rough" with it so I've been extra cautious with this last charger and yesterday it broke as I was taking it out.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i bought the 25 dollar speed charger, and it charges in like an hour, I've had it since dec 2012

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Where did you get it? What brand?

I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

i bought the 25 dollar speed charger, and it charges in like an hour, I've had it since dec 2012

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Babushka Blockparty on May. 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Eventually, after complaining, if it's under warranty, they'll let you send it back for a new one. But if there are signs of physical or liquid damage once it's received, you'll owe a major fee.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

The new HD that was released last October, or the first generation?

I have one of the newer ones and as long as it's off, it charges pretty quickly to me.  If it's near 10% it takes maybe 90 minutes to reach 100%.  It sounds to me like you got a lemon. 

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWO5WK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works on all our phones too (android).

I can read on and off and surf all day just about on my kindle.

try lowering the brightness of the screen that helps a lot.

Quoting Anonymous: Where did you get it? What brand? I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.
Quoting Foolynroo2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Yes, the newest one. I thought it took a really long time. It isn't mine, but when it's been charging for an hour and only at 18% I think something is wrong.

Quoting Ginger0104:

The new HD that was released last October, or the first generation?

I have one of the newer ones and as long as it's off, it charges pretty quickly to me.  If it's near 10% it takes maybe 90 minutes to reach 100%.  It sounds to me like you got a lemon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Oh good idea. I forgot about the brightness. I keep mine on the lowest setting.

Thank you!

Quoting Foolynroo2:

from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GWO5WK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works on all our phones too (android).

I can read on and off and surf all day just about on my kindle.

try lowering the brightness of the screen that helps a lot.

Quoting Anonymous: Where did you get it? What brand?

I only have an iPad and that charges/stays charged for so much longer.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

sunsetchick34
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We had issues with the charger n we called , they were nice n replaced it. We bought ours thru amazon. The new one takes about an hour. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Thank you. I think for now I will try the rapid charge one and if that doesn't work, I'll know it's a dud kindle and tell them.

Quoting sunsetchick34: We had issues with the charger n we called , they were nice n replaced it. We bought ours thru amazon. The new one takes about an hour. Hope that helps.
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I use the rapid charge and a kindle usb cord. Both Amazon certified kindle products. It makes less then an hour if I'm not using it and turn Wi-Fi off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)